*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
I just sold my ps4 back button adapter on the bay as I couldn't get on with it. I never expected it to gain as much interest as it did and didn't realise they are so hard to get hold of.
It went for £70 in the end

Caporegime
I resurrected an old PSN account just now for a guest to play on so they don't muck up my trophy list and discovered DriveClub sitting in my library without any PS+ padlock on it, so downloading it now. Can anyone remember if they gave this away for free at some point? I certainly didn't buy it but very intrigued to try it after seeing some screenshots recently. Looks beautiful.

Soldato
I resurrected an old PSN account just now for a guest to play on so they don't muck up my trophy list and discovered DriveClub sitting in my library without any PS+ padlock on it, so downloading it now. Can anyone remember if they gave this away for free at some point? I certainly didn't buy it but very intrigued to try it after seeing some screenshots recently. Looks beautiful.

Yep there was the Driveclub PS+ edition way back when, I think it was a cutdown version of the full game.

Soldato
Soldato
According to Wikipedia the online servers were closed back in March so it'll be offline only now, I think they took it off sale last year though or maybe even earlier.

I'd totally forgotten about the absolute development hell it went through too, so many delays, missing features and issues. Shame too because the end result was a fairly decent racer, definitely had at least some potential to be a PS equivalent of Forza in some way.

Soldato
According to Wikipedia the online servers were closed back in March so it'll be offline only now, I think they took it off sale last year though or maybe even earlier.

I'd totally forgotten about the absolute development hell it went through too, so many delays, missing features and issues. Shame too because the end result was a fairly decent racer, definitely had at least some potential to be a PS equivalent of Forza in some way.
Yep had some intense online races in this, I did feel the bikes tainted it somewhat though and feel they could have spent the time developing that aspect on other areas of the game.

Soldato
I'm having a weird sound issue with my PS4 pro. Games etc work fine, but if i put on a Blu Ray the audio cuts for a fraction of a second every few seconds, it's horrible.

Anyone have any ideas?

Probably some dust on the lens. I don't know how easy it is to open up the Pro but it's pretty easy to clean the lens on the OG PS4. I just watched a couple of Youtube vids before trying it. My PS4 has stopped reading discs (notably bluray discs - DVD's have always been OK) on and off for the past couple of years but a good clean fixes it.

Soldato
Probably some dust on the lens. I don't know how easy it is to open up the Pro but it's pretty easy to clean the lens on the OG PS4. I just watched a couple of Youtube vids before trying it. My PS4 has stopped reading discs (notably bluray discs - DVD's have always been OK) on and off for the past couple of years but a good clean fixes it.

It's less than a year old. I might phone sony or whatever but can't be bothered with the hassle.

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm thinking that now might be a good time to get a PS4 and I'm just looking for some guidance on what to do. I have an Xbox One X, and I haven't had a PlayStation properly since PS2 (had a PS3 briefly). I know the Series X and PS5 are around the corner, but there's so many PS exclusive games that I think would justify getting a PS4 now; main ones I'd like to play are the Uncharted series, Last of Us series, God of War, Spiderman, there's probably more, but that would be loads to keep me going.

I don't feel like a Pro model would be worth it for me, I still only have a 1080p TV (despite having the Xbox X) and I'd rather spend the extra money on games. Am I best off just keeping an eye out on members marker for a second hand base model? Any particular models to avoid? What sort of price can I expect to pay for the console and one controller?

Or is this all a silly idea? Would I be better off waiting for PS5 release so prices drop further?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Question about PS plus.

Not been playing PS4 for ages and my PS + sub has expired, I don't use my PS4 for online gaming, is there any benefit to having the sub, I only use PS4 for exclusives that take my interest. all my online gaming is on xbox x.
So other than online and the free games/discounts am I fine without it for what I use the PS4 for?

Thanks

Soldato
Question about PS plus.

Not been playing PS4 for ages and my PS + sub has expired, I don't use my PS4 for online gaming, is there any benefit to having the sub, I only use PS4 for exclusives that take my interest. all my online gaming is on xbox x.
So other than online and the free games/discounts am I fine without it for what I use the PS4 for?

Thanks
I think it autopatches games and uploads saves to the cloud.

Back
Top Bottom