Banksy and his special status in the graffiti world

Soldato
his work is generally pretty thought provoking and I can't help but be drawn to it, I don't put it in the same category as idiots mindlessly tagging everything in sight I see it more as a form of protest but I can see how others would disagree. I do think he is slowly loosing his edge but that seems to happen to a lot of artists be they musicians, painters etc as they age and mellow, it is hard to be young and angry when you are middle aged and comfortable!

Soldato
LBC listener?

Its an interesting debate for sure but I lean towards it not being defaced.
Nope. I've been having the same argument for years :D

This from a 2014 thread:
But we've already seen that "damage" requires some impairment. If the graffiti enhances, then it has not caused an impairment.

I wouldn't extend this to all graffiti, or even all good graffiti, but when it's a Banksy, you're getting an actual piece with a value. As I said, most (or at least "many") councils would welcome it, so it would be tough to argue it as "vandalism"

Soldato
Confused...i said it isnt defaced?

I assume he meant he's not an LBC listener.

I'd still class it as defaced. Someone could come and render my entire house. It'd probably increase it's value but it's not what i want and it'd then require work to remove it. I imagine having a Banksy on your outer wall would be the same. Same if someone came and plated my car in inch thick 24kt gold.

Soldato
Not my favourite Banksy but it made me smile.

If rat snot dripping down the walls reminds people to wear a mask then I think it's a good thing.

Soldato
The government could commission banksy for pro-mask images ... maybe he already works for Add agencies.
clunk click every trip, think once think twice, don't die of ignorance. don't be an aerosol

Soldato
The cops can trace pedos through a modified Tor browser, or crack the EncroChat phone system and reveal hundreds of people in the criminal under world, yet apparently nobody can identify who Banksy is? Come off it.

The media/establishment must think we're thick.

Back
Top Bottom