Back at it again! What happened to........

Caporegime
... The thing on F@H stats which tells you how long it is going to take to overtake the next member of the team, and how long it will take for someone below you to overtake you?

I always liked looking at that, now I can't find it!

acme15 is my ID (my original forum handle)

Caporegime
OP

Perfect thanks! I recon thats exactly what i used to look at, just forgot where it was!

Any switches / settings i should apply to my F@H clients to maximise production? One machine has 2x R9390 8G's, the other has 2x GTX660's.

Im on covid19 only WU's at the mo as well which seems to be massively hurting my PPD, seems some of the WU's take a long time but aren't worth many points.

Associate
The covid19 moonshot projects eg.project 13416 were giving me 70k ppd (taking stupid times to complete too) on a vega 56 compared to 700k other projects were giving. But I was also folding on my cpu (i5 4690k). I found a thread on the folding@home forum suggesting to stop folding on the cpu and allow it to feed the gpu completely. This has improved the ppd and time from these projects immensely. These moonshot projects have few atoms (<5k) compared with some projects >50k, and they seem to be less efficient on the later gen cards.

Not sure if any of this will help.

Man of Honour
Just make sure you have a passkey and keep a core free for each gpu you have. Oh and don't bother folding on the cpu, its not really worth it.

GTX660 looks like it might need older drivers to get the best performance (roughly 2x current drivers) Try using drivers 327.23

390's looks like they should be roughly 3x faster than the GTX660's

Caporegime
OP
Just make sure you have a passkey and keep a core free for each gpu you have. Oh and don't bother folding on the cpu, its not really worth it.

GTX660 looks like it might need older drivers to get the best performance (roughly 2x current drivers) Try using drivers 327.23

390's looks like they should be roughly 3x faster than the GTX660's

I put a passkey in and my PPD is rocketing lol... Thanks!

Also I put the old drivers on the other machine, FAHControl is stuck on "READY" with the status "Waiting On FahCore Run" - Any ideas?

I think its to do with the way the slots are configured. I removed and re-added them, same thing. I also started playing with the index slots and managed to get them to run momentarily and then stop again with an error popup. If I leave the error on-screen without clicking 'OK' it stays at "running" and calculates the PPD, but the WU's don't seem to progress.

hmrULI4.jpg

Currently just re-installing the client to see if that helps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
No dice.

In the log I have:

07:46:59:WU01:FS01:Starting
07:46:59:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Failed to start core: OpenCL device matching slot 1 not found, make sure the OpenCL driver is installed or try setting 'opencl-index' manually
07:47:37:WU02:FS02:Starting
07:47:37:ERROR:WU02:FS02:Failed to start core: OpenCL device matching slot 2 not found, make sure the OpenCL driver is installed or try setting 'opencl-index' manually

Setting the index manually to 0 and 1 respectively didn't help and resulted in the error in the screenshot above.

Maybe try a newer driver?

Caporegime
OP
Dont worry its running well enough for me to be happy I recon. Back on the latest drivers. 3x the points I was getting before I put the passcode in! 70K PPD per GTX660 on the Covid WU's.

Back
Top Bottom