Capture One 20 slider lag

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've been testing Capture One 20 Fuji Express the past few days to see if it can replace Lightroom. Overall I'm very impressed but I have a show stopper.

When I'm editing and adjusting the sliders, the changes don't appear until a few seconds after. It isn't instantaneous like in Lightroom which makes it impossible to fine tune. For example as I move the shadows slider the image doesn't change, then when I stop moving it 1 second late the change takes affect. Is this normal? Any settings I can change?

Associate
What graphics card are you using?

I’ve got an XPS13 with a crummy Intel graphics chip inside - I get similar issues. When I have my eGPU attached (which has a GeForce 1070ti inside) the problem goes away.

workaround for me is to turn off GPU acceleration when using the intel chip (when I’m without the eGPU). Pushes CPU usage up but means the sliders are more responsive.

Associate
Did you get anywhere with this? I've put Capture One Pro 20 on my Macbook (early 2015 model) and I'm experiencing laggy sliders that isn't fixed by changing the HW acceleration mode. So just wondering if you'd worked it out?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Did you get anywhere with this? I've put Capture One Pro 20 on my Macbook (early 2015 model) and I'm experiencing laggy sliders that isn't fixed by changing the HW acceleration mode. So just wondering if you'd worked it out?

It improved when I got the Blackmagic eGPU but it still wasn’t as instant as Lightroom. So sticking with LR.

Soldato
I am using DXO labs instead of LR, it’s great. I used DXO optics back in the days for noise reduction and distortion correction but this Labs has the full editing suit much like LR. Also it can export to LR (raw file) if you want to still use LR work flow and management. To be honest LR management is really good.

I tried Capture One as well, I couldn’t get in with it.

Back
Top Bottom