Vodafone Superfast 2 - Speed issues

Soldato
We moved from Virgin to Vodafone Super 2 (up to 63/Mbps) several weeks ago however everytime we run a speedtest the download speed seems to be capped at almost exactly 30/Mbps.

Vodafone support have been pretty useless and have just offered a 10% discount.

Having logged into the router settings however I can see that the "maximum download rate" is 32619 kbps, and on the summary page it states VDSL 32.6 MBit/s.

I'm assuming that the above has something to do with it?! It's as if the line is being capped or we are on the incorrect Superfast 1 connection which is around 35Mbps.

What are your thoughts please and is there a router setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Caporegime
Post the router stats. You may have a line fault but the more likely problem is that you're just far enough away from the cabinet that you will never get 60Mbps.

What were you promised when you signed up?

Soldato
I'm with Vodafone on the 60-something mb deal. If I connect to the router's wifi, my phone runs the speed test at about 32mb/s, but if I connect to the BT mini Mesh system I bought about 2 weeks ago, I get 60+mb/s.

I know basically nothing about networking but it seems to me, in simple terms, that the Voda router is just ******* crap for wifi.

E:

Also, Voda's DNS server blocks stuff like Imgur and Disqus, so worth switching over to Google or Cloudflare.

Soldato
OP
Post the router stats. You may have a line fault but the more likely problem is that you're just far enough away from the cabinet that you will never get 60Mbps.

What were you promised when you signed up?

Signal to noise ratio is 5.8dB if that's helpful?

Back
Top Bottom