Flight Simulator 20 build

Soldato
I am looking for the best bang for buck PC to be able to handle the upcoming FS20.....

I would be thinking of
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI B550 tomahawk
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3600MHz
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
1tb NVME drive
1tb Samsung SSD
Corsair 650W PSU

Anything better out there?
Thanks

Possibly an aio if needed but I've still not got my case narrowed down as of yet.

Associate
Wait til after August 18th, FS is heavily weighted towards Intel CPU's. This may change with FS2020, but nobody knows yet

Worth looking at the specification which even has AMD specifications - I think the important bits are minimum 8 cores and 8gb of GPU ram...

As an aside isn't a 2070 super virtually identical to a 2080?

41380316.jpg

Associate
Worth looking at the specification which even has AMD specifications - I think the important bits are minimum 8 cores and 8gb of GPU ram...

As an aside isn't a 2070 super virtually identical to a 2080?

41380316.jpg

Yes, P3D recommends a ryzen on its recommendations as well, but doesn't run anywhere near as well as an intel

Associate
Yes, P3D recommends a ryzen on its recommendations as well, but doesn't run anywhere near as well as an intel

P3D started development 10 years ago, FS20 started development I think back in 2017 - at the time the Ryzen roadmap was visible and it was known that the next xbox console would be ryzen based.

Why is intel more favourable over AMD for FS20 ?

I don't know, intel is probably faster for games (in ways most people won't notice). I think a better question for Charlatan would be which is better:

Ryzen 3700x and a Nvidia 2060 super or Intel and a Nvidia 1660 possibly even 1650 (given that I think there is a £200 difference in price between the 8 core ryzen 3700X and any intel equivalent....

Edit to add - personally I'm running a 3800x and a Nvidia 2080ti - both will be replaced when the next releases arrive as the coil whine from the 2080ti is rather annoying.

Last edited:
Associate
I would imagine the 2070 and 3700k. If I was shelling out 1500 quid for the privilege tho, I would be waiting another couple of weeks to make sure.

I am no lover of intel BTW, nothing would please me more than for ryzen to wipe the floor with intel on it, as I would be swapping to a ryzen straight away (my 2nd system is a 3600). I have even been arguing the point you make regarding the xbox x, but a lot of the people on avsim seem very sceptical of this

Soldato
Just seems odd with all the recommendations AMD have received since zen 2

Well there is maybe 5% difference in games at 1440p,less at higher resolutions{so at 100 frames you would have in theory 105 on intel and amd Ryzen is faster with its multitasking on practically anything other than games. And also has newer architecture.

I think there won't be much difference as the new Xbox is using ryzen, flight sim is coming on that so their development kits will be aimed around that, they'll want to make it as good as possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well there is maybe 5% difference in games at 1440p,less at higher resolutions{so at 100 frames you would have in theory 105 on intel and amd Ryzen is faster with its multitasking on practically anything other than games. And also has newer architecture.

I think there won't be much difference as the new Xbox is using ryzen, flight sim is coming on that so their development kits will be aimed around that.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom