Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Soldato
Looks great to me...

There's a certain aesthetically pleasing quality to some of the scenes, but it all looks fake, like a cardboard cutout movie set....it doesn't look natural at all. The way it has these huge blocks of completely uniform ground cover, then some trees, then a big clump of different coloured trees.

The leafy, bushy plants on the mountain top aren't right either...

Not a deal breaker, but it is annoying.

Associate
Got the game preloaded and can't wait. Reviews are in line with what I expected, though I don't take much stock in them anymore. The latest trailer looks jaw dropping. Might be the PS4s final swan song.

Soldato
I think it looks nice, great setting and the combat is meant to be very good. But will wait until it drops in price, ton of stuff on the backlog so no rush for me to get day 1.

Associate
No idea, had shipment confirmation yesterday and came back to find it posted this morning.

early impressions? Dissapointed to read about the low res textures and poor animations at times. Though Days Gone was slated and that turned out to be a really good game.

Soldato
Mine arrived today from Amazon of all places, usually quite strict with release dates.

I'm about 30 mins in playing in Japanese dialogue which obviously doesn't lip sync . That aside it's okay so far, very much feels like a Samurai game from a Western developer if you catch my drift.

Associate
Mine arrived today from Amazon of all places, usually quite strict with release dates.

I'm about 30 mins in playing in Japanese dialogue which obviously doesn't lip sync . That aside it's okay so far, very much feels like a Samurai game from a Western developer if you catch my drift.

Is the out of lip sync off putting?? I am really surprised at this

Soldato
Yeah it is a little, I'll need to play it in English to see if what I suspect is correct - that the lip sync is for English dialogue only.

Just to add I stopped playing just at the start of the second scene (Castle) and was warming to it. Think I'll enjoy it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep The lip sync is English only according to some of the reviews

Got my email delivery confirmation from Currys (DPD) for tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom