Most irritating comments on cars

Soldato
To be fair, i do have full leather seats and would actually prefer half leather for the facts that you slide less in you are cornering and the heat & cool functions seem to work better with cloth or alecantara, you also don't have scorching hot seats in the summer & freezing ones in the winter until the aforementioned gizmos kick in.
Yeah I actually really don't like leather seats, wouldn't turn a car down if they come with a spec I want bit would always rather have cloth just now comfortable to me, don't like sliding about in leather either.

Soldato
Yeah I actually really don't like leather seats, wouldn't turn a car down if they come with a spec I want bit would always rather have cloth just now comfortable to me, don't like sliding about in leather either.

Same, good cloth or alcantara is so much better.

Much harder wearing too. I rarely see cloth seats which have worn though on older cars, but it's pretty common on leather ones (along with them going baggy).

Soldato
"Looks good in the metal." No. The phrase is "in the flesh", as in, referring to encountering something or someone in real life. The point of an idiom is that you don't need to change it based upon the specific context; I've never referred to a house looking better "in the brick". So when people change it to "metal" to refer specifically to cars, it irritates the **** out of me.

:mad:

I don't think I'm playing this game right.

Don
"It sounds like a Ferrari" - No it doesn't. Have you ever heard a Ferrari? You really think your wheezy 1.2 litre 4-pot with an exhaust the size of a dustbin sounds like an Italian V8 revving to 9000RPM?

Permabanned
I’ll add mine. “It’s got leather seats mate” No you mean it’s got a cheap leather imitation vinyl seats.

Soldato
Same, good cloth or alcantara is so much better.

Much harder wearing too. I rarely see cloth seats which have worn though on older cars, but it's pretty common on leather ones (along with them going baggy).

On a slight tangent, I heard the seats in the Queen’s cars are covered in wool as it’s hard wearing, isn’t hot in summer, and isn’t cold in winter. I’ve never seen wool as an option though so perhaps it’s not for us plebs...

Edit: readability

Last edited:
Soldato
On a slight tangent, I heard the Queen’s car are cover in wool as it’s hard wearing, isn’t hot in summer, and isn’t cold in winter. I’ve never seen wool as an option though so perhaps it’s not for us plebs...

I think Volvo have wool as an option. It looks like cloth.

Man of Honour
"It sounds like a Ferrari" - No it doesn't. Have you ever heard a Ferrari? You really think your wheezy 1.2 litre 4-pot with an exhaust the size of a dustbin sounds like an Italian V8 revving to 9000RPM?

LOL reminds me of on my way to work on Sunday - just outside a town I had some kid in a 1.2 hatchback come steaming up behind me then sit there right on my tail obviously itching to get past - I drive very much to the speed limit in built up places. On the dual carriageway exit from town there is an incline off the traffic lights - he sat there reving at the lights but as we took off he was revving it out trying to get up to speed while I was making no effort at all (3L V6) I wasn't even racing him just did my normal thing - took him a good 400-500 meters to get enough speed to go past me.

Soldato
I personally love the "Fully Loaded" ones.

When I was looking for an ST220 several years back I came accross several "Fully Loaded" adverts and they were all base spec cars with no options at all.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I can't say any repetitive statement bugs me, however lack of key details really pees me off.

"It's completely mint inside and out except......"

It's not "completely mint" then is it.
I think "completely mint, except..." is a decent descriptive summary, else we forgo the use of "except"?

Soldato
"Doctor owned" - not sure why on earth that's relevant

Is this a thing? Presumably it means left to rot and get dinged in a dodgy hospital car park.

Staging of remaps is totally meaningless.

“I didn’t want the V8 because the economy of the eco boost is better and is just as fast”. (About a Mustang :()

Back
Top Bottom