This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yup. What happens on a hot day where it feels like someone is making a broth in your boxers and your nads are the key ingredient.
Stick some talc down there :p

Can't say I've ever experienced boob soup but it certainly got a bit uncomfortable at work earlier as it was so stuffy. I'm home now in my comfy clothes...ahhhhhh :D

I've established the camera only shows from my shoulders up so I can get away with not wearing a fancy top or bra for our internal zoom meetings :o #winning

Soldato
Just got a surprise email with a promotion, backdating pay to June as I've "already been carrying out the duties of this new role".

Happy, but also, nervous as apparently these people think I deserve the title "Software Developer" :eek:

Caporegime

Can't say I've ever experienced boob soup but it certainly got a bit uncomfortable at work earlier as it was so stuffy. I'm home now in my comfy clothes...ahhhhhh :D

I've established the camera only shows from my shoulders up so I can get away with not wearing a fancy top or bra for our internal zoom meetings :o #winning

Unfortunately, as a borderline Neanderthal I don't own any talc and let's not go there with antiperspirant! May have to get hold of some though as this is just unpleasant.

Also that Zoom information will just set the usual cretins on here away! Youre on your own in dealing with them.

Soldato

Now that @Dis86 has recused himself from coming to your rescue, I hereby decree that you must attempt the next zoom meeting topless.

Good luck, you may need some ready made excuses.

Soldato
Now that @Dis86 has recused himself from coming to your rescue, I hereby decree that you must attempt the next zoom meeting topless.

Good luck, you may need some ready made excuses.

Haha funnily enough a colleague looked like she was topless the other day but she actually just had a strapless dress on.

I might have to rethink the whole comfy clothes and no bra though. During the call today I needed to close the curtain to stop the glare and I had hoped they wouldn't be able to see much but when I got back to my chair I realised yep, they would have seen me in my shorts, a man's t shirt and no bra :o no one made a comment but a few did have a "what the heck is she wearing" expression.

Ah well lol :D

Soldato
Haha funnily enough a colleague looked like she was topless the other day but she actually just had a strapless dress on.

I might have to rethink the whole comfy clothes and no bra though. During the call today I needed to close the curtain to stop the glare and I had hoped they wouldn't be able to see much but when I got back to my chair I realised yep, they would have seen me in my shorts, a man's t shirt and no bra :o no one made a comment but a few did have a "what the heck is she wearing" expression.

Ah well lol :D

lol! Tbh I normally just roll out of bed and join our meetings that start at 08:30 because that is way too early for me to bother being presentable.

Cup of tea from the Quooker on at 08:25, boot the laptop up, ready to go by 08:30.

Luckily video isn't mandatory on ours because I really need a haircut at this point :)

Sui

Sui

Soldato
It's so sad going from a 300mb internet connection down to having to rely just on 15gb 4g tethering, I'm honestly hating the stupid contractor doing Openreach work right now, useless *****.

Got my new TV, Philips Hue stuff etc and I just have to sit and look at them for now and cry.

I also ordered a John Ryan mattress, it came today but they sent me a King instead of a Double. Normally I wouldn't mind but I had already built the base for it and it overhangs on all sides :D They're going to send me a double but have to use this one for now, feels like things just like going wrong in this flat and I've not even been here a week!

Bah!

Caporegime
Jeez, I quit smoking for 3 months but have just started again (I know I know, I'm already trying to quit again...) - But I changed from straights, to rollies, because I thought it would discourage me from smoking so much because it is less convenient.

Jesus Christ I'm shocking at rolling fags... I've done it a few times in the past when I've pinched ciggy ingredients off of someone on a night out, but man, to get a reasonable looking one it sometimes takes me a couple of attempts / a couple of rizlas. I look like a half stoned person trying to roll a perfect doobie, ripping open the paper to start again... :p

And this is on a flat surface, indoors, with nobody around me. Imagine trying to do it after a few drinks at a bar without anything to rest on and people around me bumping about, it would be impossible...

I can't get the "tuck" right, I either end up getting my thumbs in the way when I try to lick the edge and it all comes undone again, or I end up with the filter end nice and tight but I can't get the rest to follow and I end up with an unsmokable cigarette cone. :p

Fortunately you can give those ones a little twist and they smoke just like a regular one...

Maybe I'll try vaping as a way to quit. Its not good for you but it must be better than smoking, and then I can slowly reduce the nicotine content until I'm nicotine free. That was my plan last time, but then I just stopped one day.

Permabanned
Jeez, I quit smoking for 3 months but have just started again (I know I know, I'm already trying to quit again...) - But I changed from straights, to rollies, because I thought it would discourage me from smoking so much because it is less convenient.

Jesus Christ I'm shocking at rolling fags... I've done it a few times in the past when I've pinched ciggy ingredients off of someone on a night out, but man, to get a reasonable looking one it sometimes takes me a couple of attempts / a couple of rizlas. I look like a half stoned person trying to roll a perfect doobie, ripping open the paper to start again... :p

And this is on a flat surface, indoors, with nobody around me. Imagine trying to do it after a few drinks at a bar without anything to rest on and people around me bumping about, it would be impossible...

I can't get the "tuck" right, I either end up getting my thumbs in the way when I try to lick the edge and it all comes undone again, or I end up with the filter end nice and tight but I can't get the rest to follow and I end up with an unsmokable cigarette cone. :p

Fortunately you can give those ones a little twist and they smoke just like a regular one...

Maybe I'll try vaping as a way to quit. Its not good for you but it must be better than smoking, and then I can slowly reduce the nicotine content until I'm nicotine free. That was my plan last time, but then I just stopped one day.

I started a 12 week course of Champix yesterday. No horrific nightmares or violent ourbursts yet, but I am getting a touch of nausea after the morning pill.

Soldato
Looking forward to a trip out this afternoon, to a local coastal park. It'll be the second outing since Feb that doesn't involve shopping or the pharmacy (the first was last Sunday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom