Group of lads jumped on my new car last night

Caporegime
Buy a small camping stove, the kind that screws into the top of the mini gas cans.

Place little stove under thier car under the petrol tank, light stove, leave.

Enjoy the resulting mushroom cloud and orange glow later that night

Associate
possibly the chap who ran on your drive wanted a photo next to a nice car and that's all there is to it?

TBH if there's no damage or signs of anyone being on your car then it sounds like some sort of bantz/dare with no malicious intent.

Soldato
Is it possible that the neighbors misinterpreted what they saw from their angle of observation? Could he have been simply stood next to it jumping up and down but obscured by a fence or something? An adult simply can't walk or jump on a car and not wreck it, leaving no mark and not even disturbing the pollen/dust on it...not possible*.

* Unless he's a ghost

Permabanned
A lot of people saying don't go to the police, and perhaps they are right, I don't have any experience in these matters.

But sure if everybody takes the same approach, these scrotes are empowered and become (at least in their own minds) invincible? Ie more likely to do it again to someone else, and never have any fear of consequences.

People say that because it's just misdemeanour crimes so no the police can't/won't do anything. But you're right. If no one reports it in then they can just carry on with impunity.

Associate
Given recent developments, got to hand it to the Co-op, very helpful. Cannot see what the Police will do, based on what security staff have described. If the Police do ask questions - you may be opening yourself to a can of worms. Doubtful as it does look a very nice place, but still, you don't need the worry of reprisals or grief from angry parents of said youth being accused.

I agree with Loam and OldKitMan, sounds like a photo opportunity. Neighbours had best & not sinister intentions. Worth popping around and saying thank you, at the end of the day, car isn't damaged. :)

Soldato
possibly the chap who ran on your drive wanted a photo next to a nice car and that's all there is to it?

TBH if there's no damage or signs of anyone being on your car then it sounds like some sort of bantz/dare with no malicious intent.

I was thinking this. Maybe in his photo/video, he jumped next to the car for whatever reason, and your neighbour just saw the end and thought he was on the car and then jumped off it?

Caporegime
Question....if I manage to get enough information do I go to the police, or could it end up making matters worse. The last thing I want is for them to comeback (or a friend), and mark the car for a future keying!
I'd leave it if I were you, the types of people I grew up with would smash your windows every time they needed to pass your house if you were a grass.

most people move when that starts happening

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
There's no way the car would come out completely unscathed if a someone even walked, let alone jumped, over your car.

Associate
Seeing as there's not a mark on your car OP, I would agree it was a photo op by someone that really likes your car. How about you track them down and offer him a quick jolly in your car, you'd probably really make their day!

On the other hand, they could be tagging it for a steal-to-order, Gone in 60 Seconds style.

I hope I've put you at ease.

Caporegime
I'd leave it if I were you, the types of people I grew up with would smash your windows every time they needed to pass your house if you were a grass.

most people move when that starts happening

Yeah all these people need locking up.

Seeing as there's not a mark on your car OP, I would agree it was a photo op by someone that really likes your car. How about you track them down and offer him a quick jolly in your car, you'd probably really make their day!

On the other hand, they could be tagging it for a steal-to-order, Gone in 60 Seconds style.

I hope I've put you at ease.

Yeah thats the simp move.

Offer him a ride and instead drop him off in one if those gangland torture shipping containers. Only one way people learn.

Soldato
OP
Is it possible that the neighbors misinterpreted what they saw from their angle of observation? Could he have been simply stood next to it jumping up and down but obscured by a fence or something? An adult simply can't walk or jump on a car and not wreck it, leaving no mark and not even disturbing the pollen/dust on it...not possible*.

* Unless he's a ghost

This is the thing. My neighbours have a direct line of sight straight down my entire drive and would have easily seen everything. In fact, they have a better view than we do. I have already been round for a good chat, and again they are 100% they ran down my driveway right to the end, then double backed running as fast as they could, and jumped on my bonnet, on to the roof, then jumped off.

The photo op theory isn't a good one, as this was ten oclock at night and was fairly dark.

Soldato
... maybe sliding across the bonnet can be accomplished without leaving marks - if you are well practised and teenager weight.

Back
Top Bottom