A new contender enters the 'benching' arena

Soldato
I saw this earlier. I think its generally pretty damn cool that someone such as Henry Cavill posts this on Instagram with a decent amount of detail (and showing him reading the manual). I notice he blurred out a couple of products but kept the Ryzen one, interesting. Although i'm assuming knowone told him the new cards were out soon :p

At least it shines a light onto the gaming community and all of the people who enjoy it.

Caporegime
What’s the average then?

I built a very similar build to him last year and it took about an hour from parts to switch on. That was my fourth build.
it went from day to night.

I guess most people on this forum could do it in 30-60mins

I think my fastest was a budget gaming pc for my ex which took about 25mins but I didn't even get her a graphics card or sound card since she only played league anyway.. and I only played eve-online at hers which runs on anything.

was just throwing a cpu+mobo+ram+ssd+psu inside a case and switching it on

Caporegime
It takes me about 2 days :(
what are you doing for 2 days?

the most time consuming parts are

unboxing and removing the packaging from everything.
screwing the motherboard to the case.
arranging all the PSU wires for maximum airflow and neatness.

everything else should be really fast unless your going full on water cooling and need to fill rads etc

Caporegime
Connecting the hardware is easy, it's configuring the OS, installing software, and migrating data that's the real pain in the ass.
its also a choice.

you don't have to reinstall the OS you could just boot to it but it's nice to have a clean install.

on my last one I just kept the same os and that was switching from amd to intel, windows handled it fine and I didn't have any issues as a result.

Caporegime
Who is Henry Cavill?

AnotherAdoredIbis-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom