Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Soldato
I'm struggling to play the game as I'm spending so much time in photo mode :p

Downloaded the 4k PNGs to USB as uploading via Twitter/Activies nerfed quality.

4ZICjTC.jpg sWtNmvN.jpg
WRn11FH.jpg
d9G23Y1.jpg
OTwy2mi.jpg
9UZI44p.jpg

Soldato
Sunk about 3 hours in so far (last night), have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. Gorgeous game, combat seems on point and I do love an open world to explore. The only drawback is that there doesn't seem to be any penalty for dying.

Looking forward to getting back into it later this evening.

Soldato
OP
Just spend about 20 minutes running around a house and field trying to pick off enemies, getting a hit here and there, but was leaping all over rooftips, trying to hide and catch them off guard to no avail. Time semi went spent!

Soldato
I’m struggling with the combat and getting my behind handed to me way too often :p

I’ve got it on normal difficulty but I think my button mashing approach isn’t doing me any favours :D

The game looks lovely though and my PS4 Pro doesn’t sound like it’s struggling too much!

Soldato
Put a few hours in today and whilst I agree with some reviews in that it can be quite repetitive facing off against 4 or more foes can be quite satisfying.

Particularly once you've got a few stances and special moves learned, no more running away to divide and conquer just standing your ground switching stance depending on your foe.

Reminds me a bit of assassin's creed, just 'one more' quest before I stop etc lol

Soldato
I'm enjoying it a lot, but I'm having a bit of a love/hate relationship with the combat, mainly due to the camera. It's too janky for me to play it on hard tbh. Enemies basically teleport sometimes, they start an attack, you dodge out of the way and they glide on rollerskates over to you and bam, you're dead!
Also, the game doesn't do some pretty basic things. Most of the time It doesn't even correct the camera when you walk behind an object...i was fighting 4 guys, which I find a chore anyway tbh, and went inside a house and got a lovely view of the wall outside as they killed me!

I've just put it down from hard to medium about 6 hours in. Enjoying it more this way.

It's being held back by some very dated gameplay (you got too close to the target Game over:rolleyes:, this random npc died Game over:rolleyes:) but Overall the game is very good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite enjoying it so far, looks gorgeous most of the time although occasionally some of the textures look a bit flat (especially coming from TLOU2). It's pretty much what I expected, harmless fun with predictable AI, forgettable side quests but the main story is decent so far. Judging by the map there will be plenty of stuff to mop up although it's all very formulaic so far.

It would really benefit from a lock-on ability as the camera is harder to fight than most of the enemies and it makes the combat feel pretty clumsy at times.

Soldato
Dynamic tone mapping should be on to correctly map the hdr metadata. HDR games are typically mastered on 4000 or 10000 nit displays whilst oleds are typically around 800 nits so you need to leave that on to correctly tonemap the hdr image.
Anyone playing this on LG OLED, what do you have Dynamic tone mapping set to in the LG picture settings, can't decide between HGIG or On, off looks a bit dim so not using that.

Soldato
Dynamic tone mapping should be on to correctly map the hdr metadata. HDR games are typically mastered on 4000 or 10000 nit displays whilst oleds are typically around 800 nits so you need to leave that on to correctly tonemap the hdr image.

Thanks, I will turn it on and recalibrate the HDR on the ps4 and in game.

I have only just started using ps4 again so wasn't sure what to use as on my xbox Im only playing mostly Cod modern warfare at the moment and that has HGIG so use that.

Back
Top Bottom