Leisure battery charging.

Soldato
I need a leisure battery to charge lipos at the race track I go to for my rc car.

https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/115ah-xplorer-leisure-battery/

It's a 120ah battery. I can get it for basically a couple of pints of beer through a contact.
My ctek mxs 5.0 apparently only support up to 110ah and 160 maintenance.
But to be honest I don't truly understand this.

I only need it at the weekends, so will it charge?

Soldato
It will charge it, but it looks like it's a 10A 100W max charger. So it will hit the watt limit at under 8A, so you'd be looking at about 15 hours to charge the leisure battery from empty to full.

Obviously you'd set it to lead acid (Pb) and 12V or 6 cells depending on what it uses to set voltage and set it going. You'll need to make up or buy a lead to go from 4mm bananna to the big spring loaded clips to go on the terminals. Or some kind of custom charging lead.

Soldato
The charger you have will work, its just letting you know it can't support a high enough trickle charge... so don't leave it connected forever.

Soldato
OP
It will charge it, but it looks like it's a 10A 100W max charger. So it will hit the watt limit at under 8A, so you'd be looking at about 15 hours to charge the leisure battery from empty to full.

Obviously you'd set it to lead acid (Pb) and 12V or 6 cells depending on what it uses to set voltage and set it going. You'll need to make up or buy a lead to go from 4mm bananna to the big spring loaded clips to go on the terminals. Or some kind of custom charging lead.

Thanks. I have the croco lead (to power the d100 charger from the leisure battery) , just need an xt60 male to female converter so I can go from the channel connectors to the leisure battery. I'll get some female connectors and wire up myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom