Ghost recon Breakpoint ** Official thread

Soldato
How is this game these days? Have any of the launch bugs/problems been addressed yet?

I loved Wildlands and have just finished it but Breakpoint didn't seem to have the same feel somehow?

Like @hyperseven above I can get this for about 6 quid and wondered if it was worth a punt?

Soldato
I completed the main story today after some 62.5 hours of playtime, Vulkan, with not a single issue.

Willdlands on the other hand, just a black screen on start up and I cannot get it to run. Damn frustrating as I’ve tried everything I can find on t’internet to try and fix it. Shame as I never finished the main story.

Soldato
The game is working fine for me now using the Vulkan Api, for £6 its a good deal.

I completed the main story today after some 62.5 hours of playtime, Vulkan, with not a single issue.

Willdlands on the other hand, just a black screen on start up and I cannot get it to run. Damn frustrating as I’ve tried everything I can find on t’internet to try and fix it. Shame as I never finished the main story.

Sorry if I'm being thick but what is "Vulcan api"?

*edit*

never mind - I was being thick and have Googled it myself!

Soldato
Hmmmm, worth the extra £11 to include the year 1 pass?
I got Ultimate edition on release and I have no idea what I got over the standard version? I thought it would include DLC like Wildlands but? I would say go for standard unless you know the year one pass has something you want.

Soldato
Thanks guys, I went for the standard version for 6 quid and I'm quite liking it so far!

It doesn't have the same feel as Wildlands so far and appears to be unnecessarily complicated but my I'm hoping I get into it!

One thing that is annoying me a bit is the fact that my own body seems to be obscuring my view more so than I remember from Wildlands!

Associate
This a bit annoying I bought the base game a while back without the DLC. But I want to play the rest of the deep state missions . The first one was free.
I can buy the Gold edition of the game (Game + DLC) for €23 on epic store but the year 1 pass alone on uplay is €39.99

Is there any other way to purchase these extra missions without paying more than I already paid for the game itself?

EDIT: Ugh I can buy the missions separate for 1900 ghost coins. I have 800 apparently so would need to buy the 1300 for €9.99 I think I will wait

Last edited:
Soldato
This a bit annoying I bought the base game a while back without the DLC. But I want to play the rest of the deep state missions . The first one was free.
I can buy the Gold edition of the game (Game + DLC) for €23 on epic store but the year 1 pass alone on uplay is €39.99

Is there any other way to purchase these extra missions without paying more than I already paid for the game itself?

EDIT: Ugh I can buy the missions separate for 1900 ghost coins. I have 800 apparently so would need to buy the 1300 for €9.99 I think I will wait

10 euro for the expansion isn't bad. I don't see the problem when you initially weren't happy with the 40 euro cost (understandably). Personally the whole DLC is a waste of money but if you really want it 10 euros isn't bad.

Soldato

I get that with Wildlands semi regularly. I think it is linked to my gpu overclock.

My gpu is rock stable in every other game I have thrown at it since picking the card up on 2018 (1080ti) but Wildlands seems to be really sensitive. It happens about 50:50 for me when afterburner is running (so it could be afterburner rather than the overclock per se).

Obviously no help if you are running stock without afterburner but this massively improved the issue for me. I hate that black screen!

Soldato
I get that with Wildlands semi regularly. I think it is linked to my gpu overclock.

My gpu is rock stable in every other game I have thrown at it since picking the card up on 2018 (1080ti) but Wildlands seems to be really sensitive. It happens about 50:50 for me when afterburner is running (so it could be afterburner rather than the overclock per se).

Obviously no help if you are running stock without afterburner but this massively improved the issue for me. I hate that black screen!

I’ve found the issue for me. If I turn off the Uplay overlay it loads.

Soldato
OP
Reinstalled and played for a couple of hours, the AI are about the same as in Wildlands, sometimes they are very helpful and other times they are pants. Mostly however I found it it far better than playing solo. A couple of times one remained behind when I moved off but suddenly reappeared if I went to get in a vehicle. When meeting enemies they won't fire unless ordered or the enemy opens up first then they will do their job, also of course one of them is automatically a medic should you end up badly wounded.

Associate
I've updated the game and i'm glad to see you can play the game without the whole Gear rank system, i hated having to change my gun just to get a higher rank to then hope i get a higher ranked gun that i wanted to use.

Back
Top Bottom