Most irritating comments on cars

Associate
"I don't like leather seats" - You don't have these in your car
r

:D:D:D i genuinely hate leather seats. had the choice of two golfs for the same price and went for the tartan cloth seats :p

my hate is "its quiet for a diesel" **** off, they all sound like tractors

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Agree with all I've read so far, except the leather, it's normally better without...

My absolute worst remains "needs something doing, but don't worry it's a cheap fix".

******* fix it then! Oh wait, it's not a cheap fix, which is why you haven't. Or even worse, it is a cheap fix, and you're that tight you've not been bothered to sort it out.

I have full leathers in my bmw but id prefer half alacantara and half leather...

Totally this

25k miles in my car and the alcantara is flawless other than a slight change in the pile direction, by 25k miles I have never seen a leather seat thats not showing some stretch/sag

Its warmer in the winter and cooler in summer. The half leather means the areas you rub against are better for this for sure.

Soldato
Totally this

25k miles in my car and the alcantara is flawless other than a slight change in the pile direction, by 25k miles I have never seen a leather seat thats not showing some stretch/sag

Its warmer in the winter and cooler in summer. The half leather means the areas you rub against are better for this for sure.

Agree with all this. Not that keen on the Dakota leather on the m2 (or standard 2 series) for that matter.

Associate
My S3 has Alcantara seats rather than the leather ones that come as standard. Much much nicer, don't slide around at all when you're driving "spirited". The one I test drove had leather and I felt like any hard right turn I was in the passenger seat

Man of Honour
:D:D:D i genuinely hate leather seats. had the choice of two golfs for the same price and went for the tartan cloth seats :p

my hate is "its quiet for a diesel" **** off, they all sound like tractors

My Navara V6 is definitely quiet for a diesel* unless you put your foot down or use sport mode - then it has some presence. Everyone that has been a passenger has commented on how quiet it is!

Annoyingly on dashcam recordings it sounds like a tractor - it rarely has that diesel clatter (unless cold) in person.

EDIT: I'm not sure exactly what they are but the leather seats in my Navara are close to perfection - very comfortable, good support and feel great - takes an incredibly hot day to heat them up though that is probably partly thanks to the privacy tint on the rear windows.

* Largely because the engine is barely idling a lot of the time with the amount of power available and Nissan remapped the normal driving profile as an eco mode with all the new regulations.

Soldato
Is this a thing? Presumably it means left to rot and get dinged in a dodgy hospital car park.

Staging of remaps is totally meaningless.

“I didn’t want the V8 because the economy of the eco boost is better and is just as fast”. (About a Mustang :()
I've never seen doctor owned but I've seen "company director owned" in a lot of adverts.

Soldato
An irritating comment for me is "is that a Lotus, as in Lots of trouble usually serious?". Ha, ha, you're hilarious, I've not heard that one before, no, really.

Soldato
Fully loaded, with the connotation from fast food / pizza , is evocative though, albeit, are drink holders still as prevalent.

Have to implicate the manufacturers in this upselling/differentiation vocabulary - AMG line, M sport

Soldato
That's a bit of an AutoTrader-ism isn't it? When you stick your reg in it'll list out every single standard feature the car has.

I never realised that, I did always wonder why people bothered listing the dead obvious that is on every car these days.

Man of Honour
“It’s an absolute hoot”
Generally said about something which is a bit crap but can get away with some face because it’s different. I last heard it said about a Renault 4.

Soldato
Yea mate it's Mapped, running XXXBHP now...

Particularly when its be done by 'Kev down the road' on his driveway, using his BrightHouse laptop and pirated software & with absolutely no proof.

The one that irks me is when they put "No silly offers" then proceed to put a ridiculously high price.

Like on one of the sales pages I help manage. Guy puts up a 2004 2ltr diesel Mondeo, puts "no silly offers" and then sets price at £2250. Given the spec and condition he'd be lucky to get £400-500 at best

Back
Top Bottom