Death Stranding

Soldato
Just a couple of hours in but really liking it so far. Think I'm at the bit where the free roam will start to open up.
There's threads on steam talking about contributing to building better roads, can you do that early in the game?

Associate
I'm a few hours in as well, I'm quite enjoying it so far. I tend to like exploring in open world games and taking in the sights, this seems like it's going to satisfy that aspect pretty well. You can tell it's a Kojima game with the heavy exposition, but the plot has me intrigued so far.

I'm actually quite taken aback at how good some of the landscape looks in places, it looks and feels really organic. The music is great when it kicks in too, it really helps set the mood. The animations feel a bit off in areas, mainly when you're climbing up a hill and it changes from a smooth run into a slightly jerky climb animation (felt like that in MGSV to me as well). Other that I'm impressed, it will look even better if people figure out how to tweak the LOD/View distance settings to go well beyond their normal values, the engine feels like it has a lot to give yet.

I will say that I can completely understand why this is a marmite game though, I'd like to say you need to try before you judge but I think a lot of people that have any big doubts going into this are going to struggle. It's certainly not going to be for everyone.

Soldato
It's a really divisive game, I completely understand the polarising scores.

I liked the idea myself but wished it was more fleshed out because if you don't like making deliveries themselves and navigating the environment/managing resources, it'll get repetitive quickly, even though you're constantly unlocking new equipment.

The social aspect is cool, seeing other players' structures and contributing resources really helps to get things going.

It's really just a walking simulator at heart, with a couple of interesting mechanics around and Kojimaisms everywhere:p Having said that, it has something weird to it that makes you want to do one more delivery and derive some fun from simply traversing the landscape.

I think I'll give it a second try on PC when it drops in price, should feel vastly better at 60fps.

Man of Honour
I must say it’s one of the most intriguing and creative games I’ve played. On paper it sounds crazy, but it’s so well presented. The score, the scenery, the tension. I’m hooked. It runs flawlessly too.

I loved the early bit where you have to navigate those ghost things. Luckily someone had left, or they were already there, some ladders and ropes that gave me a shortcut. I was so relieved! Great stuff.

Associate
I must say it’s one of the most intriguing and creative games I’ve played. On paper it sounds crazy, but it’s so well presented. The score, the scenery, the tension. I’m hooked. It runs flawlessly too.

I loved the early bit where you have to navigate those ghost things. Luckily someone had left, or they were already there, some ladders and ropes that gave me a shortcut. I was so relieved! Great stuff.

Haha yes I went the same way I think, so tense!!

Associate
I've just got this for free with a laptop purchase. Not sure whether to redeem the code or sell on. It's not normally something I would play.

IF u end up wanting to sell it am after the game mate as would like to get it for my step sons birthday , still kicking myself i losted a bid on one wat sold for £22 i fall to sleep and missed it lol ........

Question for the people who have finish the game----After you have got to the end can u still play about in the world or is it game over ?

Back
Top Bottom