Zen internet FTTP package upgrades...

Soldato
OP
bPgkNb3

Your order is different to mine. and you have covid19 priority no ?? my order looks different.

mine ..

hmm1gb.jpg

]
bPgkNb3[\img]

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
For sure, but it may be a long wait, been 4 days so far and order not even been placed with openreach yet due to this error they told me about.

Think there having a laugh lol

mine just changed : Last Escalation: AMBER on 17/07/2020

--
what ever that means, guess we wait for a few weeks yet for activation i think.

Soldato
OP
Yeah its certainly different, im calling them again now. If any important info is given i will post here.
Mine been 4 days now.

I just called them they say its a problem with there system or product stack and that it would be resolved shortly and to just wait it out as they know its a problem on there end.

really annoying like lol

Soldato
OP
OK they tell me its a portal issue with openreach and they are waiting for them to reply and sort it out? Is that different to what you have been told?

I got told something different that it was a system issue lol but its probably the right thing what they said...
either way its up to them to fix it. i just hope i dont get my first bill within 1 week of it getting activated lol

Soldato
OP
Just had confirmation of my regrade for Monday, the 500 option.

well thats progress i guess, hope i get mine activated on monday to lol :D when did you order the regrade ? if you dont mind me asking. EDIT: just looked up previous post, so you upgraded same day as me :) well i hope its the same for me then monday :p we shall see.

Soldato
well thats progress i guess, hope i get mine activated on monday to lol :D when did you order the regrade ? if you dont mind me asking. EDIT: just looked up previous post, so you upgraded same day as me :) well i hope its the same for me then monday :p we shall see.

wonder if there’s an issue with the 900 package with OR?

Associate
Hi - just stumbled upon this forum. Tried to upgrade our Zen FTTP today to 500mbps package from Unlimited Fibre FTTP package.

Was anyone else charged a £9.95 re-upgrade fee?

Out of contract, so when I questioned reason for this. As essentially want to re-sign for 2 years & give Zen more money. I said I could just go to BT, response was ‘go to BT then’... definitely not the great Zen experience I’ve had before!

Got a call back 10 minutes later, saying she would ask management on Monday - as reupgrade fee and 500/900mbps are new so wasn’t sure.

Soldato
OP
Hi - just stumbled upon this forum. Tried to upgrade our Zen FTTP today to 500mbps package from Unlimited Fibre FTTP package.

Was anyone else charged a £9.95 re-upgrade fee?

Out of contract, so when I questioned reason for this. As essentially want to re-sign for 2 years & give Zen more money. I said I could just go to BT, response was ‘go to BT then’... definitely not the great Zen experience I’ve had before!

Got a call back 10 minutes later, saying she would ask management on Monday - as reupgrade fee and 500/900mbps are new so wasn’t sure.

Yes i paid the regrade fee its normal.
though if you where out of contract im not so sure you should pay it but i was still in contract so i didnt want to say anything about that i just wanted the package 900 lol :) for the amount of hassle and waiting until monday stuff you should have just paid it what 9.95 its nothing lol

Soldato
I can see why it’s a bit off, though I paid it as well. I think I was just inside the previous contract when I went from the 76mb to the 150 package last year.

I just hope my equipment handles the speed bump.

Soldato
I had the fee waved as the phone call to do the regrade was unpleasant. The guy started off saying the deal was for 12 months, i questioned this and he stated he never said that and it was a 24 month contract.
At the end of the call he said he would wave the 9.95 as the phone call was a little sour. My wife called BT yesterday (FTTP team) who stated there is no reason they could see as to the service order not being able to be placed, and also stated they could offer 900 down and 220 up for 59.99?

If im messed about too much i will start looking else where, ive had no time scale given as to when the work will be completed, sour phone calls and when ive had issues with the service they fail to look into the problems and pass me off as if its my end.

I have not been that impressed really when i have needed tech support its been poor at best.

Soldato
I had the fee waved as the phone call to do the regrade was unpleasant. The guy started off saying the deal was for 12 months, i questioned this and he stated he never said that and it was a 24 month contract.
At the end of the call he said he would wave the 9.95 as the phone call was a little sour. My wife called BT yesterday (FTTP team) who stated there is no reason they could see as to the service order not being able to be placed, and also stated they could offer 900 down and 220 up for 59.99?

If im messed about too much i will start looking else where, ive had no time scale given as to when the work will be completed, sour phone calls and when ive had issues with the service they fail to look into the problems and pass me off as if its my end.

I have not been that impressed really when i have needed tech support its been poor at best.

Yeah that all sounds a bit poor tbh. The woman I spoke to sounded pretty knackered tbh, but was advised 5 days for the service, the length of contract and the cost. Think I was on for less than 5 minutes in the end.

Last edited:
Associate
Appreciate the insights all, thanks. If it’s normal fine, just found it a little odd. If they are passing on the cost from Openreach, fair enough... We’re in no real rush to switch, from a previous ADSL connection to FTTP 145mbps package it’s already made a world of difference... upgrade to 500 or 900 is just a nice to have.

Same as your experiences, call was a little frosty.... not expected from Zen, always been very helpful and knowledgeable in the past.

Back
Top Bottom