BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Nice colour, congrats. Curious as to what the running costs are like over the next 12 months.

Based on their reputation, it'll probably make the Ferrari look cheap :p

I'd have one, but some sort of warranty (or large amounts of preventative maintenance) is essential. There's a reason they are cheap for what is an amazing car.

OcUK Staff
Based on their reputation, it'll probably make the Ferrari look cheap :p

I'd have one, but some sort of warranty (or large amounts of preventative maintenance) is essential. There's a reason they are cheap for what is an amazing car.

Yes it drinks fuel, might be worse than Ferrari. :eek:
It has had some preventive maintenance done, rod bearings, fuel lines, fuel pump, throttle actuators.
My plan is to refresh the bushes and ball joints as one of cheaper items, also got a new fuel pressure sensor to fit, which owner gave me as INPA through up an error code but no warning on dash or limp mode, so will do that myself soon as its just a sensor behind the passenger side front wheel arch liner.
It has not had a clutch etc and its on 84k miles so I suspect that will be wanting to be done at somepoint soon, about £1500 and lots of fuel cost.

It badly needs an exhaust or a mod to stock item as its silent, brilliant induction noise in the cabin though.

Associate
Gibbo check out exhaustmods.co.uk

I would get the BMC Air Filters FB447/01 to replace the stock ones unless you go Evolve intakes.

I went for IPE system as its only one I could find which is a valvetronic system on my M6, sounds mega with the valves open :D old F1 style goodness!

OcUK Staff
Gibbo check out exhaustmods.co.uk

I would get the BMC Air Filters FB447/01 to replace the stock ones unless you go Evolve intakes.

I went for IPE system as its only one I could find which is a valvetronic system on my M6, sounds mega with the valves open :D old F1 style goodness!

Do the BMC filters give any audible difference over stock, don't want cone ones as owner warned me he did that and though it sounded awesome the car heatsoaked a lot and would hesitate at lower RPM and hence he reverted back to stock,

Associate
Do the BMC filters give any audible difference over stock, don't want cone ones as owner warned me he did that and though it sounded awesome the car heatsoaked a lot and would hesitate at lower RPM and hence he reverted back to stock,

There is a slight difference but not a lot throttle feels abit sharper.

£102 from CP4L search code 909110181

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thank you.
Also is it secondary or primary cats people delete and does it still pass an MOT? Any gains in power and sound?
Primary. Yes pass MOT with secondary. Yes and yes on power and sound

but not sure how easy decat is on v10. Evolve do some replacement manifolds which take the cat out but not cheap

OcUK Staff
There is a slight difference but not a lot throttle feels abit sharper.

£102 from CP4L search code 909110181

Just ordered a pair of these as had the old ones out last night, they are not dirty but they are old.
Also ordered 10 spark plugs as spoke to one of previous owners who had rod bearings done and he says in his ownership he did not do the plugs so its probably not had a set for three years or so and around 10k miles, so makes sense, got all 10 for a £105 from CP4L also. :)

Soldato
Finally finished, new suspension on, geo done and corner weighed. Came in at 1154kg which is over 200kg lighter than my previous M3 track car and over 400kg lighter than OEM.

car.jpg

Time to get out on track :D

Loads more photos on my Insta if anyone is interested - https://www.instagram.com/tomsinclair/

Back
Top Bottom