No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Soldato
I've literally only just started playing this game about 10 hours on, enjoying it although feeling a little lost.

Inventory management is doing my head in you are very restricted at the start.

Soldato
^^^^ I've only got around 100 hours or so playing this game and, overall, I didn't really know that I was doing. Enjoyed the base building tho.
I did like using some mods whilst playing it, those that increased capacities in particular.

Really fun game to play, perhaps not needing too much guided focus as it means you are free to do what you wish.

Both Nexus and also this site for my mods....

https://nomansskymods.com/

Associate
The Anomaly is fantastic. It's been a bit glitchy since Crossplay went live, but it seems to be purely cosmetic glitchiness, haven't had any crashes from it yet.
But expect disco ships and other bizarre effects from time to time...

Associate
Pretty cool with the cross play, I was playing on pc with my friend who was on PS4, then his bro in AUS joined on xbox.

Nice to have a game that I can play with friends who dont have a PC

Soldato
30 hours in and I am completely additcted, love this game.

I had my eye on it since day 1 but a lot of the reviews put me off, plus it was already really expensive, so many times over the years I nearly pulled the trigger but didnt.

4 years later and I got it on Steam sale, I think it was the right time to buy it, the game seems to me anyway to be in a good place now.

I got a nooby question sorry, am I right in thinking when you summon ships it doesnt matter how far away they are they just appears?

Seems crazy you can warp accross systems obviously you need warp fuel etc, go really really far, then just press X and any other ship just appears for free?

Caporegime
Sorry if this question has been answered a million times already. I am just trying to get an idea of this game.

Do you get a constant list of objectives and things to work towards. Or is it more of a self driven exploration? So go to a planet, explore, mine, horde, next planet - rinse, repeat? Or do you get fresh objectives with each planet you go to?

Thank you :)

Associate
Sorry if this question has been answered a million times already. I am just trying to get an idea of this game.

Do you get a constant list of objectives and things to work towards. Or is it more of a self driven exploration? So go to a planet, explore, mine, horde, next planet - rinse, repeat? Or do you get fresh objectives with each planet you go to?

Thank you :)

A bit of both, really. In the early game, it's best to follow the prompts as they come up- this will get you the necessary techs you'll need, such as hyperdrive, and unlock further features.
As you progress, the missions become less necessary- you can go anywhere and do whatever already- but they do add depth to the game, and add some new bits, should you choose to do them.
Some buildings contain NPCs which can give you mini on-planet missions, usually with a nanite or tech reward. These don't affect the main missions.

Caporegime
A bit of both, really. In the early game, it's best to follow the prompts as they come up- this will get you the necessary techs you'll need, such as hyperdrive, and unlock further features.
As you progress, the missions become less necessary- you can go anywhere and do whatever already- but they do add depth to the game, and add some new bits, should you choose to do them.
Some buildings contain NPCs which can give you mini on-planet missions, usually with a nanite or tech reward. These don't affect the main missions.
Got it, thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom