Anyone have a Hot Tub?

Soldato
First use this morning, was gently pummeled and very happy with it.
I wasn't sure if it was too big for the garden (much longer than it is wide) but I no longer care.
So many innuendos. I'm surprised that that link above doesn't have the sad face of the person getting the delivery:D.

Soldato
so wife is really keen on getting a hot tub and is convinced by the sales blurb on hotsprings salt system that means you don't feel like you need a shower afterwards due to less / lack of chlorine. anyone have experience of this? Aquafinesse system is something I have come across and sounds like you wouldn't need the salt system to achieve this goal then. Anyone with experience on this? I don't want to be spending the extra on a hot springs salt system one if you can get the same result or better using different methods, and also then choose from any regular tub on the market.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
so wife is really keen on getting a hot tub and is convinced by the sales blurb on hotsprings salt system that means you don't feel like you need a shower afterwards due to less / lack of chlorine. anyone have experience of this? Aquafinesse system is something I have come across and sounds like you wouldn't need the salt system to achieve this goal then. Anyone with experience on this? I don't want to be spending the extra on a hot springs salt system one if you can get the same result or better using different methods, and also then choose from any regular tub on the market.
Our hot springs uses freshwater salt system and yes you don’t get that heavy chlorine smell. No need to shower after for us, we do shower before we go in most times. The system once setup is great and a easy to control via the touch screen. You select your desired output depending on usage.

Soldato
Our hot springs uses freshwater salt system and yes you don’t get that heavy chlorine smell. No need to shower after for us, we do shower before we go in most times. The system once setup is great and a easy to control via the touch screen. You select your desired output depending on usage.

thanks for that info. Any problems due to the salt water, some bad stories on how corrosive it can be to both internal parts and anything else it gets on to?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
thanks for that info. Any problems due to the salt water, some bad stories on how corrosive it can be to both internal parts and anything else it gets on to?

Only had it since Feb so no issues. The PH is kept in check so can’t see it being a problem. The hot tub is designed for the system.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looks like I will need to do a water change in the next week anyway as we have too much foam in the system causing the Freshwater Salt System to have issues.

Soldato
Does anyone's missus actually bother to show the slightest interest in maintaining one of these things?

I can imagine it would be something blokes get lumbered with maintaining while their wives host cocktail parties with all their mates.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
My wife will clean the filters if I reminder her, but I'm the one with a spreadsheet keeping track of things and applying 303 Aerospace protectant on the vinyl lid :p

She will help with the water change and clean too.

Caporegime
I presume you take them out when you run the jets? Otherwise they would be pulled into the filter compartment.

My filter is in a corner section with a cover around it, keep the bug floating around in that space. If i had a filter in a tight fitting housing with no water space around it to keep the bug in then yep i would take it out each use.

Soldato
Does anyone's missus actually bother to show the slightest interest in maintaining one of these things?

I can imagine it would be something blokes get lumbered with maintaining while their wives host cocktail parties with all their mates.

Mine does. The only time I do any of the upkeep is when she's away with work for at most a couple of days. If she's going away on holiday (remember those?) then it gets drained. I'll help drain it and put it away for winter but I was quite clear when she said she was getting one that I had no interest in either using the thing or spending my time messing about with it.

Back
Top Bottom