Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Soldato
Started this afternoon and it is even better than I thought it was going to be, certainly exceeded my expectations so far. The bit where the title card comes up with music and the riding into the open world was perfectly executed! Can tell this is going to be GOTY year, it has to be. Had a look around the Inventory and the mechanics, and it looks so awesome, gonna sink a lot of hours into this :D

Soldato
Started a bit slow but once you get past the initial learning phase its great, such beautiful setting and love how you don't need to keep going to the map to see where to head, I just had my first proper boss battle early on from one on them tales, got the heavenly sword skill, really cool battle to get it, took about 12 tries as I have not levelled my character up at all.

Fighting and all cool moves the samurai does is brilliant.

Quality game.

Soldato
I've just done the first act and I must admit to getting slightly bored now tbh. The world is lovely but the quest structure is so outdated.

It reminds me a lot of Red Dead 2, where the open world was great and you could explore as you like but quest tied you down to one path too much.

Soldato
Photo mode has a great array of options

Ghost-of-Tsushima-20200719185630.jpg

Soldato
Put in some more hours, still enjoying it aside from the camera/lock-on issues. I do wish the main character was a bit more interesting, maybe just the voice actor but he's devoid of much personality. I prefer Sensei Ishikawa but that's probably because he's played by Dr Chang from Lost :D

Soldato
One thing I really like is how everything you do actually has a purpose and you aren't just given progression. Banners aren't just collectibles for example, you use them to get different saddles. Finding crickets gives you different flute melodies. Your resolve doesn't just improve when you level up, you have to do those bamboo things.

I really like it when games do that.

Edit- another thing. Liberate a town or village etc, npcs repopulate it, and actually sometimes have quests. I really appreciate that!

Last edited:
Soldato
English audio. Tried Japanese but didn't feel like it added as much as I thought it would and also found I was focusing more on the subtitles than the scene itself so switched back to English. The accents are authentic enough that I dont feel much of a loss and I'm able to enjoy the visuals more.

Soldato
English audio. Tried Japanese but didn't feel like it added as much as I thought it would and also found I was focusing more on the subtitles than the scene itself so switched back to English. The accents are authentic enough that I dont feel much of a loss and I'm able to enjoy the visuals more.

Yes, this !!

Associate
Played for a few hours, enjoying it loads, more than i thought i would TBH. Combat is better than i thought it would be, simple but unforgiving, some very cool touches and looks fantastic. If one of the design choices for this game is to make the player feel like a Samurai in a Japanese movie, they nailed it. First hour or so like most of these games is just helping you learn a few basics, but is very well done. One little tip is don't over look your musical instrument, it can do some cool things, cant play 80s pop songs on it like a certain other recently release game though.
Cheers for the feedback. I'm still debating whether to pull the trigger or not. I need to check if I need to delete anything first though

Soldato
I decided for my first play through to have English audio, so I don't miss any of the story. If they add Ng plus I will have a Japanese play through.

That's good, I will switch then as I noticed I was looking at the subs more than the scene itself.

Back
Top Bottom