Zen internet FTTP package upgrades...

Soldato
My wife called BT yesterday (FTTP team) who stated there is no reason they could see as to the service order not being able to be placed, and also stated they could offer 900 down and 220 up for 59.99?.

That's odd. BT Retail have no visibility into the relationship or orders between Zen and Openreach. They may have been saying that they see no reason why they couldn't place an order on Openreach if you moved to become a BT Retail customer but they wouldn't be able to comment on an issue between Zen and Openreach.

The Full fibre 900 product from BT is 900/120, not 900/220.

Soldato
All sorted and regrade completed.

3267029075745996-OwXd81l9.png

Soldato
OP
Wonder what the issue is, and who actually does the regrade? I assume ISPs have a portal into the OR infrastructure? And need to both get the ISP side stuff changed and then request the OR side gets changed also? Wonder what is the issue with the 900package?

Its probably a government conspiracy probably not enough bandwith or they charged people for 900 packages and are keeping the remaining speed for themselfs. :D:D:D

Soldato
Wonder what the issue is, and who actually does the regrade? I assume ISPs have a portal into the OR infrastructure? And need to both get the ISP side stuff changed and then request the OR side gets changed also? Wonder what is the issue with the 900package?

There is an Openreach portal but orders and regrades are generally done through an API. The ISP does everything in their internal system which then connects to the OR API and places the orders.

It's just a guess, but as 900 is a new product to Zen I'm wondering if their internal tooling is the problem and they're having to place regrade orders manually with OR.

Soldato
That's odd. BT Retail have no visibility into the relationship or orders between Zen and Openreach. They may have been saying that they see no reason why they couldn't place an order on Openreach if you moved to become a BT Retail customer but they wouldn't be able to comment on an issue between Zen and Openreach.

The Full fibre 900 product from BT is 900/120, not 900/220.

I know on the web site it says 120 but when calling the FTTP team and a guy who provisions the lines, he was absolutely adamant he could provide the 220 service up for that price.

Soldato
I know on the web site it says 120 but when calling the FTTP team and a guy who provisions the lines, he was absolutely adamant he could provide the 220 service up for that price.

Technically a connection with 220Mbps upstream could be provided, but it isn't a standard BT product and BT aren't going to offer bespoke stuff through the retail division.

I expect what's happened is he's used the internal version of this and seen that it says that 220Mbps upstream is possible and said that it can be provided on the basis of that.

Soldato
OP
:EDIT: update from Zen regarding my issue.....
------------------------------------------------------------------

Provisioning - SB&R - Customer Services [email protected]
15:05 (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, we are having issues with placing your order due to an issue within our supplier’s systems which are not allowing us to progress the order to completion.

At the moment we are unsure of the reason for this issue but this has been reported to the relevant team to look into and investigate. As soon as we have a better understanding of the issue and a potential resolution date for you we will be in touch to advise.

Furthermore, just to make you aware, Openreach are dealing with an extremely high volume workload due to the current circumstances so lead times for responses in getting back to us will vary, therefore Zen’s updates to yourself may also be delayed during this time.

As soon as we have any further updates to share with you we will be in touch to advise further.

Thank you for your understanding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like im stuck in a time loop of progression
some people have it already me i get stuck in this open reach nightmare.

Soldato
Ah damn :( that does suck, I know how you feel. It’s frustrating. I guess silver lining is at least it’s not a case of a new line needing activating leaving you internet less.

Soldato
OP
Ah damn :( that does suck, I know how you feel. It’s frustrating. I guess silver lining is at least it’s not a case of a new line needing activating leaving you internet less.

Still sucks though i guess my 300/50 will do for now :) its better than most peoples internets i guess :) but once you go fast you want to go faster haha i mean going from 300 to 900 will make downloading something for instance the size of 50gb will take about 10 minutes lol

Soldato
Still sucks though i guess my 300/50 will do for now :) its better than most peoples internets i guess :) but once you go fast you want to go faster haha i mean going from 300 to 900 will make downloading something for instance the size of 50gb will take about 10 minutes lol

:) Must be the 900 package only that’s having the issue as well. Fingers crossed for you though.

Soldato
go with talktalk if you want everything under the sun blocked and really ****** customer support and **** poor quality control.
Which I would normally agree with, however UFO stuff is backed off to a local office for customer support.

I've never had any website blocked in the 4 months I've had it, obvious exceptions but thats the same across for most ISP's.

I haz 4090!
Don
I swore I wouldn't upgrade to 1Gb as I don't need it. Zen rang me this morning telling me it was available now and I folded like a cheap suitcase.

Back
Top Bottom