What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
KTM reliability being showcased in this thread!

Mine was a common radiator fault, as KTM don’t make radiators I can’t say it’s their fault, unless KTM do nothing about it going forward.

My local KTM dealer paid for everything to sort mine, so apart from being without my bike I’m not out of pocket thankfully.

Associate
Dropped it. That's what I did today. Popped it on the stand on the drive walked away and seconds later I hear it go down. Managed to just catch the side of the wife's car too. Looks like the stand mustn't have been all the way down plush our drive had a small slope to it, bike probably moved forward slightly pulling the stand up in the process.

Bike damage - frame slider took the brunt, bent clutch lever
Car damage - 2 small dints and a few scratches, some will polish oit
Mick damage - mostly pride, angry wife and the cost of a clutch lever

Great day so far

Soldato
I've had many bikes sink in the mud at bike rallies over the years but my party trick is not remembering to even put the side stand down in the first place.

I forgotten twice in the past one time on cbr1000f I was much younger and moved out of the way 2 years or so ago I did it again on the vfr750 I had **** om my mind and forgot but this time the bike hit me and slammed me to the ground and broke my left wrist which was not to bad as it was my clutch hand so I was back on the bike with in no time and help strengthen my fingers so when the cast come off I recovered full strength in a very short time.

I did have a 20 year run when I did remember from the cbr to the vfr lol.

When it rained was interesting when riding as water would run down the inside of the cast if I had forgotten a bag :D

Associate
Silverstone one year camping, we pull up, mate puts his non stamp sized foot stand down whilst I fiddle with my puck... then his side stand falls off and down it goes! It was a rusty old Bandit 600 and we did chuckle!

I always leave mine in gear if I'm anywhere but the garage, as I've almost had the rolling off the stand happen once or twice over the years.

Associate
Good advice, the driveway is getting re done next week so it will be abit more level but leaving in gear will be a must from now on.
I did however manage to straighten the clutch lever, and found some plastic trim between the two back lights had managed to snap off, superglued back on and I'm good to go again

Associate
Is KTM the new Tesla? They don't make radiators but they obviously choose their supplier and specify every single part of it. If it's crap it's because it was specced as such...

Either way, wether they specced low quality or it's a manufacturing fault, i got it sorted free.

I guess, i hope they recognise the fault, and get the manufacturer to sort it for future bikes.

Soldato

Bar end mirrors installed, will get some Sato racing inner bar weights when i can find stock, have to remove the stock ones as they spin freely so can't fit mirrors to them.

Soldato
It was between that and a speed triple 675, heard people talking about Triumph not being so reliable but i think that might be a thing of the past.

Just waiting on my seat being customized now and that's most of the things done now, although i may get an exhaust in the future.

Associate
Another year, another MOT sailed through. Hardly turned a wheel since it's last one so no surprise there!

IMG-20200730-115118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom