LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Do the cx & bx have the same panel ...I thought the 48" panels were only from the newer, larger substrate fabs, so, making a bx unlikely if they use older panels.

edit: failed to answer that did see this comment on reddit
"it may also lack the AV1 video decoder which is the next gen video tech the internet will shift to over the next decade so internal apps wont be able to play AV1."
Discussions on h266, last week, but, av1 is something netflix is already using

that raised the question of whether a panasonic/sony oled a year back would have, already, delivered the same motion quality.
The little football and rugby I watch, I expect that must benefit from trumotion, with their perpetual, panning, same background, versus, most movies.

Afaik CX and BX (along with GX etc) both use same panel. Just the CX uses A9 processor vs the BX with a A7. As link posted since, LG do seem to list a 48” BX. Remains to be seen if it pans out.

Soldato
Seems a pity they still havent built a more desktop friendly 32", even at 1440p,
but for the living room a 48" screen is all we really need, so will be interesting to see if there are some deals in n months time.

"it may also lack the AV1 video decoder which is the next gen video tech the internet will shift to over the next decade so internal apps wont be able to play AV1."
Discussions on h266, last week, but, av1 is something netflix is already using
for anyone else interested - https://www.engadget.com/2020-02-06-netflix-av1-save-data.html
utubes best pq streams are vp9, but not having a laptop supporting h/w decode of that I have to force h264

Soldato
Panels being collected tomorrow, then will get a new one sent out. Hopefully that one will be okay. Not what I expected 2 days in :(

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Got the CX65 today, damn it’s amazing!

D44CBF51-E0CE-4EED-B5AE-B76B4FDFCAA3.jpeg

Disney Plus and Atmos sounds incredible on the SN11RG it’s so powerful and creates an amazing sound bubble. The object surround audio makes you feel like your in film and the bass is very powerful even with the woofer set to -1

But I can’t get Atmos playback on Plex, Tidal and Prime, not sure if they support it to be honest but Plex seems to be either Dolby Audio or PCM and Prime is PCM and regular bluray is PCM which I think is correct as it’s old bluray player.

Soundbar and TV are connected together using their eARC ports.

Shield Pro is connected to TV which works fine once I enabled eARC and pass through hdmi for Disney Plus to enable Atmos.

Any ideas how I can get Plex, Prine and Tidal to support Atmos if indeed they do please?

Soldato
Hi there

Got the CX65 today, damn it’s amazing!

D44CBF51-E0CE-4EED-B5AE-B76B4FDFCAA3.jpeg

Disney Plus and Atmos sounds incredible on the SN11RG it’s so powerful and creates an amazing sound bubble. The object surround audio makes you feel like your in film and the bass is very powerful even with the woofer set to -1

But I can’t get Atmos playback on Plex, Tidal and Prime, not sure if they support it to be honest but Plex seems to be either Dolby Audio or PCM and Prime is PCM and regular bluray is PCM which I think is correct as it’s old bluray player.

Soundbar and TV are connected together using their eARC ports.

Shield Pro is connected to TV which works fine once I enabled eARC and pass through hdmi for Disney Plus to enable Atmos.

Any ideas how I can get Plex, Prine and Tidal to support Atmos if indeed they do please?

I assume the picture on the floor made room for the tv haha ;)

Tidal, if you search Dolby atmos, there's only like 2 playlists each with about 20 songs that work in atmos, but I wouldn't worry about music side of things so much.

On prime, try search for Jack Ryan and see if that plays with vision and atmos as I believe it's the only program in vision for Amazon. If that works, then try carnival row which should have atmos and hdr.

In plex itself, can you check that it's set to HDMI in device type.

OcUK Staff
I assume the picture on the floor made room for the tv haha ;)

Tidal, if you search Dolby atmos, there's only like 2 playlists each with about 20 songs that work in atmos, but I wouldn't worry about music side of things so much.

On prime, try search for Jack Ryan and see if that plays with vision and atmos as I believe it's the only program in vision for Amazon. If that works, then try carnival row which should have atmos and hdr.

In plex itself, can you check that it's set to HDMI in device type.

Yeah Plex is on HDMI but no luck with Atmos so far seems to just go to Dolby Audio or PCM.

OcUK Staff
Yeah Apple has a shed load of movies in Atmos it's my main go to place for 4K / Atmos movies these days, saved a good chunk of money too and they have some great deals.

The tv looks sweet Gibbo :D

I’ve subscribed to the £4.99 a month is there any other deals I should be aware of please?

Soldato
I’ve subscribed to the £4.99 a month is there any other deals I should be aware of please?

I just keep checking the store page regular looking at the 4k HDR section and there is also an Atmos section, they will also upgrade your SD version of a film to 4K for free if and when it becomes available which is kind of cool.

Or use the website which Warranty void linked too above.

I am not subscribed to the Apple tv + service i just buy the movies on the store page.

Back
Top Bottom