** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Nothing come up here in the UK, shops still selling them here, hopefully just a bad batch, but will keep an eye on my glue on the top bezel, it can get very hot up there on HDR mode, so I guess it melts the glue?
Time will tell if we need to RMA we can!

Associate
Nothing come up here in the UK, shops still selling them here, hopefully just a bad batch, but will keep an eye on my glue on the top bezel, it can get very hot up there on HDR mode, so I guess it melts the glue?
Time will tell if we need to RMA we can!
Mine came with about a 5cm long strip on the top left hand side where there is separation, it arrived like that but doesn’t look like it would get any worse to be honest. The issue is everything else about the monitor is great, no dead/stuck pixels, doesn’t get mentally hot and the picture is fantastic (as is the curve). I have placed my webcam over the gap and it completely covers it but I am in 2 minds if I should return it as there is no stock for a replacement and no other monitor that ticks the boxes the G9 does. I wish Samsung would be more transparent on the issues on this monitor and the reason they are pulling them from stores (it seems predominantly in the US only) and why not from people who already own the thing....

Associate
Mine came with about a 5cm long strip on the top left hand side where there is separation, it arrived like that but doesn’t look like it would get any worse to be honest. The issue is everything else about the monitor is great, no dead/stuck pixels, doesn’t get mentally hot and the picture is fantastic (as is the curve). I have placed my webcam over the gap and it completely covers it but I am in 2 minds if I should return it as there is no stock for a replacement and no other monitor that ticks the boxes the G9 does. I wish Samsung would be more transparent on the issues on this monitor and the reason they are pulling them from stores (it seems predominantly in the US only) and why not from people who already own the thing....

I'm guessing not a huge amount of monitors went out and they could easily be handled by RMA processes.

The samsung 49 are nice ain't they. Hard to go back once you have experienced games like gears of Wars and Forza.

Associate
HDR on G7 is only 600, G9 has 1000, flying into the sun in MSFS with HDR enabled, needed my sunglasses it was so bright, but not over saturated in the shade, very nice, just hope they get better glue for their bezel problem
No flickering, dead or bad pixels here, waiting for the bezel to lift though, if they all use the same glue? at 5120x1440 10bit HDR is can get quite warm at the top, time will tell

Last edited:
Soldato
HDR on G7 is only 600, G9 has 1000, flying into the sun in MSFS with HDR enabled, needed my sunglasses it was so bright, but over saturated in the shade, very nice, just hope they get better glue for their bezel problem
No flickering, dead or bad pixels here, waiting for the bezel to lift though, if they all use the same glue? at 5120x1440 10bit HDR is can get quite warm at the top, time will tell

Just keep an eye on it, you'll be covered by warranty. It'll probably happen sooner rather than later. Curious to know whether it will be an issue across the board. Checked my G7 and no signs of panel coming away must be just a G9 issue.

Associate
Just out of curiosity, what is OCUK returns policy on dead pixels?, for a premium product like this, not a single dead/stuck pixel would be acceptable to me, especially on the 32 inch at 1440p being slightly more noticeable than on the 27.

Associate
Yes got eye on it, hopefully if OK after several hours then hopefully OK forever? But time will tell I guess.
Thinks its just the G9 not G7

Associate
Just out of curiosity, what is OCUK returns policy on dead pixels?, for a premium product like this, not a single dead/stuck pixel would be acceptable to me, especially on the 32 inch at 1440p being slightly more noticeable than on the 27.

My G9 was 100% good and used it for a week and noticed no problems, but have since done some firmware updates and more testing recently and noticed I have a stuck red pixel. Not sure what to do as it's clear of any other issues (No glue problems yet, no BLB, No flickering etc). What are the chances my sudden stuck red pixel could unstick itself?

Be a shame to RMA and play the panel lottery, probably end up with one with another issue or one with multiple dead/stuck pixels!

What do people think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom