• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
OLED has stuttering, you only need to look at video reviews and numerous other sites to see that. I wouldn't buy one and I'd rather stick to my monitor.

No need for video reviews as I've got one sitting in front of me, how would I replicate that as I'm not seeing it?

Genuine question BTW.

Edit to add: do you mean with movies? I've witnessed some stuttering with Amazon app but I've also seen that on my LCD screen as it's the app at fault, not the TV.

Associate
Clearly the talk shoud be left to GPUs as none of yous have a clue about OLED. They dont stutter, they dont lose luminance over time, Screen burn is few and far betweeen, i would agree they do have panel variance on banding tho.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nvidia wouldn't ever rip people off! What is it with all the hating;)?
I know right. So many haters! Why can they just not see what Nvidia is giving us? Have they not heard of DLSS 2.0?? That is an amazing piece of tech. It can run at 240p and outperform 4K native!

Just a bunch of AMD fanboys, they just can't see it! We should be throwing our wallets at Nvidia for giving us such great tech!

Say it with me people! The more they ask, the more we pay!!!

Soldato
I know right. So many haters! Why can they just not see what Nvidia is giving us? Have they not heard of DLSS 2.0?? That is an amazing piece of tech. It can run at 240p and outperform 4K native!

Just a bunch of AMD fanboys, they just can't see it! We should be throwing our wallets at Nvidia for giving us such great tech!

Say it with me people! The more they ask, the more we pay!!!
The more we ass the more they play!

Soldato
Indeed OLED has a few minor faults but compared to the horrendous list that monitors are plagued with its miniscule. People should not be having to buy 7 £2000 monitors just to buy one that is almost acceptable with its faults and will still give a far inferior picture than a run of mill £1500 OLED TV.

Depends on the user I guess. They are quite prone to a number of issues.

Tint, vertical/horizontal banding, vignetting/reverse vignetting other DSE and uniformity issues and of course burn. All which can be very distracting depending on the content.

I’ve experienced all of the above hence why I’ve been through a number of sets to get one I was relatively happy with but took a fair bit of hassle, and a fair few sets. More so than any monitors I’ve owned.

OLED imperfections and a panel lottery? Really? Can you back that statement up..

Go here and look through 313 pages worth.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-o...-discussion-banding-vignetting-312.html?amp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Dave2150 said:
Consoles will continue to steal market share from PC due to this IMO. PC gaming is becoming much more of a nerdy, middle aged man hobby, as opposed to the kids/teenage target audience that used to be the norm.

The prices charged by NV put even the mid range cards out of reach of the youngsters, it's typically 30-40+ males with high disposable income that are the target audience for the mid-high end cards.

Nvidia having the fanbase they have, that continually throw money at them (even at the times where AMD have been superior) are a big factor that plays into this.

I concur here although there is a growing Gen Z era getting into streaming and will buy the hardware.

I know right. So many haters! Why can they just not see what Nvidia is giving us? Have they not heard of DLSS 2.0??

Wait till you hear about DLSS 3.0!!!

Associate
Depends on the user I guess. They are quite prone to a number of issues.

Tint, vertical/horizontal banding, vignetting/reverse vignetting other DSE and uniformity issues and of course burn. All which can be very distracting depending on the content.

I’ve experienced all of the above hence why I’ve been through a number of sets to get one I was relatively happy with but took a fair bit of hassle, and a fair few sets. More so than any monitors I’ve owned.

Go here and look through 313 pages worth.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-o...-discussion-banding-vignetting-312.html?amp=1

And what percentage is that against all sets that are perfect? I have never owned a monitor that didn't have imperfections, and I've had loads. OLEDs are less prone to these issues because of the perfect light source. All manufacturing methods have flaws, however even a perfect LCD will have issues, whereas an OLED will not.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The more we ass the more they play!
Yeah, the deeper they go. Lol.

Wait till you hear about DLSS 3.0!!!
Wha.. DLSS 3.0?? With DLSS 2.0 barely in any games they have advanced to 3.0? They are just too good!

Lets throw our credit card at them. No amount is too much!

Hmm just had to double check I hadn't accidently clicked on the monitor sub forum/48cx Oled thread. :o
Yeah, bizarre ain't it?

Soldato
Navi thread: The ps5 and xbox is so great I'm gonna drop my pc like a hot potato

Ampere thread: Hey guys, where can I buy a 48 inch OLED

Sp there you go, we're in the graphics card sub forum and all the AMD guys talk about is consoles and Nvidia guys talk about TV's

What a sign of the time, its 2020 guys - nothing is normal anymore!

Associate
Y

Yeah, bizarre ain't it?

Never heard that in my 15 years of 'intermittently' posting on these forums. I actually have an Oled, 65 inch c7, and even to this day 3 years after purchasing it, it still blows me away at times. This is the Ampere thread though, where people like myself like to jump in and out of for quick updates on "Ampere" and not have to trawl through posts upon posts of unrelated cr@p, in this case Oled and its pros and cons. I'm sure there's a thread elsewhere for that carry on. :o

Back
Top Bottom