The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
Nooooooo! :(

My first play through was around 37hrs.

Also, i found it got a bit repetitive around the middle point, lots of moving through areas and lots of rooms to search without much happening. But, this soon picked up and the story continued - so stick with it!!

One thing i found annoying was when we went to Abbys base, there was quite a bit of area, but you were forced to walk ie no option to run. I understand ND wanted to show off the stadium etc, but for subsequent playthroughs, this could get annoying :)

Soldato
My mate has given me his copy so I started yesterday.

The Mrs is playing along so I've started on light difficulty. I'd usually be straight in on hard+ but she wants to enjoy the story so I thought I'd not subject her to repeated death :p I'll get to replay myself at a later date.

Caporegime
OP
Just finished it, finally.

I really enjoyed it, now to to find out what people got their knickers in a twist over.

The story was absolutely fantastic.

I hated Abby to start with but playing as her really spun me around and by the end I actually liked her a lot and would gladly a game from her perspective set in an earlier period.

The weight of the story was like nothing else I’ve played.

The end cut scene with Joel almost made me cry.

Last edited:
Soldato
Meh - I must say I was rather enjoying it. Felt very polished, was enjoying the story, "going back in time".
The story was flowing nicely, I felt it was well paced - moments of madness with so much going on, other moments where stealth was the way to go.
Then boom - I don't seem to be able to progress any further. I mean, I don't think I'm particularly bad at the game, but (without spoilers) spending the last 45 minutes armed with only a hammer restarting the same sequence over and over again - bored to death.

Literally just rage quit a game for the first time in a decade - just powered the PS4 down, didn't even think twice.
I'll go and sleep on this now, but I honestly cannot remember the last time I became so frustrated with something.
Just go with what’s already been said and drop the difficulty if you haven’t already. Don’t punish yourself :p I played on easy, because I can’t deal with stressful games anymore. (Got a few hours into dark souls 3 and just gave up in the end. Haven’t got time for that)

Soldato
Just go with what’s already been said and drop the difficulty if you haven’t already. Don’t punish yourself :p I played on easy, because I can’t deal with stressful games anymore. (Got a few hours into dark souls 3 and just gave up in the end. Haven’t got time for that)

Yup, I play games entirely for fun these days so if I die more than a handful of times I reach for the difficulty slider. I still play the likes of Sekiro but they're the exception not the rule for me.

Turning on the slow-mo on aim made TLOU2 a lot more fun for me but that's in part because I've never been able to use the PS4 controller well for aiming as I find the sticks too light (personal opinion of course).

Soldato
Just finished it.

Great game.

Played on the easiest difficulty I just didn't want all rage and loads of deaths.

Took me 19 hours.

Will definitely play through again at a later date.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yup, I play games entirely for fun these days so if I die more than a handful of times I reach for the difficulty slider. I still play the likes of Sekiro but they're the exception not the rule for me.

Turning on the slow-mo on aim made TLOU2 a lot more fun for me but that's in part because I've never been able to use the PS4 controller well for aiming as I find the sticks too light (personal opinion of course).

The sticks feel like it's pushing them through mud for this game.

Soldato
Now that I have fully upgraded both characters (NG+) the weapons are much more effective and more stable with scopes and extra damage + ammo. I hated the crossbow but now it's a beast and I can clear areas pretty easily without ever being seen.

Soldato
Out of interest, has anyone else in this thread put the controller down and just went "nope, I'm not doing it" ?

Happened twice in the game where I wanted to refuse what Naughty dog wanted to make me do (or what I thought they wanted me to do)

Soldato
Out of interest, has anyone else in this thread put the controller down and just went "nope, I'm not doing it" ?

Happened twice in the game where I wanted to refuse what Naughty dog wanted to make me do (or what I thought they wanted me to do)

I had a couple of times where I waited a few minutes to see if what I was being prompted to do was optional (it wasn't). Didn't happen at all in the first game which I think is probably a reflection of how unrelentingly dark/violent this one was in comparison.

Soldato
I had a couple of times where I waited a few minutes to see if what I was being prompted to do was optional (it wasn't). Didn't happen at all in the first game which I think is probably a reflection of how unrelentingly dark/violent this one was in comparison.

It did happen in the first game. It was the pivotal moment of the first game that set the events of the sequel in motion.

Soldato
A new update is going to add (allegedly) some new modes and additional achievements.

Edit - I just checked the game and yeah the new achievements are there now.

Yeah, **** permadeath!

EfE20kWWsAEGqGG-1452.jpg

Back
Top Bottom