• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Still getting pink & purple artefacts in iRacing with 20.7.2, tho not quite as bad as with 20.7.1.

Gone back to 20.4.2 yet again.

I'm getting various artefacts in games too, It's the voltage, Its randomly dropping too low for whatever reason, I'm monitoring it ingame with Hwinfo using RTTS, I keep seeing it drop to 750mV even when the GPU is above 50% usage.

EDIT

Had to go back to driver 20.5.1 as this latest one is causing a lot of errors in Destiny, Game crashing etc...

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm running 20.7.1 on my 5600XT and so far I've not experienced any black screens so I'm hoping that it's fixed it, not noticed any crazy temperature or fan speed spikes either. I'll have to do some more testing as I have a 24hr gaming session going on next week for charity and can't be doing with any crashes during that.

Associate
Strange people reporting higher temps, mine are pretty much the same, if I had to say anything they're lower especiallyt eh memory temps...

I have a ~2150mhz/1900mhz/1175mv @70% fan speed that ran ~95c and now hits 110c and throttles @100% fan speed in 20s in Unigine Superposition 4k optimized. Nothing besides the Hot Spot goes past 75c, so I have to assume something in the drivers is messing with the sensor ?

Soldato
Strange people reporting higher temps, mine are pretty much the same, if I had to say anything they're lower especiallyt eh memory temps... right now, i'm axed at 2114mhz/1900mhz folding 24/7 and GPUZ is showing 56C/60 hot spot...

Mine temps on 20.7.1 is a fair bit higher as well. I've just done a repaste job not long ago which dropped the temps nicely, now its worse than the prepaste job. Seeing close to 80 edge temps now. Also getting a lot of crashing in Division 2, but that game has always been trouble so it's difficult to say if it is the game or the driver.

Soldato
Very odd, weirsdly though if you have your own profile in theory there should be nothing to increase temps thpugh, I could understand it if on auto fan settings etc as they may have amended voltage/fan profile or something... you guys got your own profiles setup?

Soldato
Remember what 20.7.1 said, about oc profiles (or underclocking). Any profile before them drivers might not work correctly so ur if you use a oc or uc profile u made u have to remake it from scratch, not test it all out but create a new profile and put the settings in again then save it, then it should work the profile from then on. Old ones might cause issues if u just update drivers and expect the oc or uc profile to still work. It was in the patch notes.

Just mentioning this incase its why some of you are having issues going up or past the 20.7.1 drivers.

Soldato
Remember what 20.7.1 said, about oc profiles (or underclocking). Any profile before them drivers might not work correctly so ur if you use a oc or uc profile u made u have to remake it from scratch, not test it all out but create a new profile and put the settings in again then save it, then it should work the profile from then on. Old ones might cause issues if u just update drivers and expect the oc or uc profile to still work. It was in the patch notes.

Just mentioning this incase its why some of you are having issues going up or past the 20.7.1 drivers.

I've been DDU'ing before each install, 20.7.2 for whatever reason is simply not stable on my system.

Associate
I've been DDU'ing before each install, 20.7.2 for whatever reason is simply not stable on my system.

No stability issues at all for me on 20.7.2.. On the other hand my wifes PC, which has my old vega 56 in, is getting black screens. Only real difference is B350 v B450.. the vega ran issue free for 2 years in my B350 system:p

Soldato
No stability issues at all for me on 20.7.2.. On the other hand my wifes PC, which has my old vega 56 in, is getting black screens. Only real difference is B350 v B450.. the vega ran issue free for 2 years in my B350 system:p

It could just be down to a faulty 5700XT, Wouldn't be the first faulty one I've had, It's a very hit and miss GPU from my experience.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

May want to check the 450 system for a BIOS update. I checked and the day before I checked ASUS had a new BIOS so I caught it to my surprise. The past two releases have had lots of stability fixes and RAM improvements so its worth a try especially and Windows updates are bound to make any system less stable than it was.

Soldato
From my very limited testing my heat issues with 20.7.1 has been from DX12. Running DX11 in Division 2 gives me lower temps at the same framerate(im running capped atm). Crashes are also gone, but again Div 2 has always had its issues with DX12.

Caporegime
Can i request the Alt + R overlay be visible in the recording? I'm a Star Citizen tester so the Performance Metrics overlay is useful to me when i find bugs such as Memory Leaks, like this https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/memory-leak-3-10

Also the VRam readout is wrong, last night it said i was using 15GB, the GPU only has 8, this is new with 20.7.2, it was fine with 20.7.1, as you can see apparently i'm using 9GB idle.

A61qUwF.png

Back
Top Bottom