Apple Watch Cellular Plans

Soldato
I've current own an Apple Watch S5 Cellular that i bought separately from a store non contract.

I'm trying to find out how much it would cost to add to an existing contact with EE, O2 or Vodafone.

Cant seem to get much help talking with some of the sales reps, utterly useless and their forums seem like a minefield too.

So for example if i have a £10 sim only contract with 02 how much on top to add the apple watch so it can be used without phone.

Mainly need as when i go jogging (which im doing more frequent now) dont like carrying bulky phone. Would need data on it so can listen to podcasts, youtube, music, radio etc

Associate
I've always got the impression that most networks like to make it a bundle option for the more expensive contracts or restrict it to buying the watch via them etc. Also, I believe certain networks may not actually support the eSIM setup yet.

That being said, with your Apple Watch, you could load podcasts + music onto your Watch prior to the jog and listen offline.

Soldato
OP
Mine on o2 is £5 extra a month (shares same mobile number as phone of course), however I have a 'high end' phone contract so perhaps that makes it abit cheaper, not sure.

do you get separate data allowance?

EE phoned back and said theirs is £7 extra. O2 were really bad on phone said I had to call a local store as they can only do it. There forums say otherwise but basically saying good luck with the rep you get on phone as most don’t know how to do it. You wouldn’t imagine it’s that complicated!

Soldato
OP
I've always got the impression that most networks like to make it a bundle option for the more expensive contracts or restrict it to buying the watch via them etc. Also, I believe certain networks may not actually support the eSIM setup yet.

That being said, with your Apple Watch, you could load podcasts + music onto your Watch prior to the jog and listen offline.

Might go that route and just get a better sim deal as current one isn’t very good. It’s still comforting knowing you have access in emergency situations with a cellular plan though without phone.

Associate
When I had mine on a cellular plan with EE, the first 6 months were free and then it was a fiver a month. I have four separate lines with EE, so don’t know if some discount came with it. I think the data allowance was 10Gb, but in reality I never used it as it hammered the battery too much.

Associate
Yes just add it yourself via the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, which is exactly what I did (O2 user here).

The first 6 months were free then it went over to £5 per month, I am on a sim only contract with them.

Cheers all

Back
Top Bottom