Have you been permanently banned from any forums?

Soldato
lots. usually due to snotty mods playing god. have also been banned from Showmasters forum for having the impertinence to point out their contemptuous apathetic treatment of their paying customers.

Soldato
Pistonheads literally 5 minutes after making an account. Made a single post asking a question on brake pads (completely innocent), got banned with no reason given lol

Didnt bother with the site after that.

Not that you can actually perm ban someone from a public forum. They can simply make a new account.

Caporegime
A photography forum where I unknowingly upset the admin/site owner. Out of the blue one day I found myself permabanned and an email from him saying I had been getting on his nerves for months and months and he should have perhaps said something earlier but the final straw was when I took a photo of him when he was teaching a group of photographers and posted his picture on the forum with the phrase "Funny who you bump into when you have travelled 60 miles to middle to nowhere!". It was literally a total coincidence that I bumped into him and his group that day.

Decided to not even bother replying as clearly he was unhinged.

Soldato
Never been permeneantly banned, for that i feel you have to go quite far out of your way being a dick to everyone before that comes.

Had a week ban on another forum for calling someone a see you next Tuesday (they were acting like one, in my defence) and I've had a week ban here for linking a video with a few swears in it, if i remember correctly.

Caporegime
The only forum I've ever been perma'd off was due to them having a mod who used to bicker and argue with everyone for no discernible reason (think Sheldon Cooper with an attitude problem). He even used to edit his posts and shuffle things around when the "discussion" wasn't going in his favour. This went on for a few months until I lost it and went all in on him, calling him out at every opportunity, and the admin didn't seem to care. Eventually he perma'd me because he was fed up with me constantly pointing out his arrogance and hypocrisy. I then made an alt account, set up my own forum and emailed everyone from this alt account, and that was the day Forever Gaming was born. Thirteen years later it's still going strong however with the help of a few good folks (particularly @GazzaGarratt) it's come a long way since then. I'm a back seat passenger nowadays, Lee (@GazzaGarratt) has run the show for the last few years and does a fantastic job so happy to leave him to it.

Still one of the best forums in the world though.

EDIT: Let's not go in to my ban history on here. I need to copyright the book rights first, gonna be a hit one day.

Soldato
I got banned from a facebook group called Grumpy Expats. It's a huge group full of expats, which is pretty funny about people grumping about things in their host country and you have to respect people's grumps, as it's a place to just vent. I don't know what offence I caused to get banned, but got kicked out and not allowed back in :D probably argued with someone, but I asked by messaging admins and they never explained. Hey ho!

Back
Top Bottom