Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
I couldn't really watch as I had a mini-crisis to deal with but it looked like there was little to zero gameplay apart from Halo Infinite. Did they not learn their lesson after last time?

Last edited:
Soldato
Literally means it's official I now have no reason to buy the consol, Microsoft have smashed it with game pass as with my pc being good enough imo I can enjoy all that's been shown

Game pass has been best thing they have done from a gaming perspective

This cements it for me too. I was looking to build a gaming PC in a few months, and this just further justifies me doing it. Means I can happily wait for Sony to release a Black PS5 so I can play the exclusives on that further down the line.

Soldato
That was pretty underwhelming aside from the bigger games. There are no true Series X exclusive anymore due to Game Pass on PC so it puts me out of buying the console plus I can dip in and out of Game Pass if something comes up I want to pay rather than continuously pay.

I think they missed a trick here because if there is development taking place on Perfect Dark or a new Banjo for example then I actually don't think it would have done them any harm to announced that X Studio is working on Y Game. Fable has no release date window so that could be at any time.

I don't think they really showed us the power as such that well either, nothing graphically blew me away at all.

Soldato
Didn't show me a reason to purchase a series X, nothing really showed off the power of the series x. It did show me my 2 years or so I have left on gamepass is definitely worthwhile, and I'm pretty sure MS is perfectly happy with that.

Caporegime
Some gorgeous stuff in there. To many pc fan boys in here butt hurt 4k60 will hurt their beloved pc gaming lol

Gamepass, this console downstairs with 4k OLED and a kiss pc upstairs perfect for me.

Quite the opposite really, the specs of Series X are excellent, but all the games are on Gamepass which I can play on my PC....they do mostly look quite underwhelming though.

I'm hoping the next GPU's from Nvidia or AMD will do 4k/120hz.

And my PC is already connected to my 4K OLED, and I've had PC's connected to my TV since around 2010.

Soldato
What a bad joke really... next gen lol... lack of game play again and games that are boring and game play that looks nothing more than what they are doing now still. Ohh wait ori in 120fps.. This is why I went and grabbed a new ps4 pro other week and 83 games I have not played yet that are worth playing (first time in my life I purchased a console apart from the PSP years ago because I liked the idea of a portable game machine, this was thanks to nvidia and the prices of GPUS.. so if GPU prices stay this way well no more money from me sent nvidias way and I need a nvidia GPU for older flight sims I use and want to keep using, because AMD broke their drivers years ago for these sims and will not fix the issues).

I will do same when PS5 actually has some games I want to play and a black version of the console.. I don't want a white box. I actually liked the look of the Xbox Series X but nothing they are selling can't be played on a PC which I have. Only good thing they have done is the Xbox Pass and again can be purchased and used on PC.. So why buy the console if you have a decent PC ? Untill PS5 drops a PS5 PRO or a black version of this version they are bringing out I have zero interest and Nvidia can take a running jump too if they price their graphics cards stupidly this generation too.

I thought the PS5 reveal show was boring this was on a new level. At least the PS5 show showed us the console that well sucks how it looks and I liked 3 games on the PS5 game reveal only so no rush yet to grab one till the game library builds up and the prices come down for the games and the console and hoping for an update on the console looks when they do a slim or pro version. The white router is not sitting in my living room in the state its in.

Soldato
And my PC is already connected to my 4K OLED, and I've had PC's connected to my TV since around 2010.

and you must have spent a hell of a lot more money on keeping those PC’s running all these new games than you would have just on a couple of consoles!

Halo looked “good”, though seems like they’ve hobbled themselves by making it cross gen. Should have made it open world with all the bells and whistles as a Series X exclusive.

Soldato
Quite the opposite really, the specs of Series X are excellent, but all the games are on Gamepass which I can play on my PC....they do mostly look quite underwhelming though.

I'm hoping the next GPU's from Nvidia or AMD will do 4k/120hz.

My problem is my pc is upstairs in 3rd bedroom, it's water cooled so it's a pita unplugging everything and lugging a big heavy rig full of water down the stairs.

Soldato
That was pretty underwhelming aside from the bigger games. There are no true Series X exclusive anymore due to Game Pass on PC

Wouldn't be anyway.

Xbox and PlayStation are diverging. While PlayStation is continuing down the traditional "generations" route, with Xbox there's Series X, Series S (probably, going on rumours), PC, and xCloud. The only reason to buy a Series X is if you want the best experience from Xbox games. If you just want to play the Xbox exclusive games, there will be cheaper ways to play them.

Soldato
Some gorgeous stuff in there. To many pc fan boys in here butt hurt 4k60 will hurt their beloved pc gaming lol

Jokes aside though, gamepass, this console downstairs with 4k OLED and a kiss pc upstairs perfect for me.
Nothing to do with settings but when I have a pc that literally plays everything there gonna make, I have been given no reason or incentive to spend £500 plus on the consol

I'll have benefits of Xbox game pass, ps5 and switch so I'll be able to play pretty much everything.

I genuinely wanted Microsoft to do something exclusive consol wise that would tempt me to buy it but they haven't

Had a PC in 360 days, 360 one of best consols I ever had

Soldato
Why are all these PC people in this console thread are they lost...... lol

Well there were a lot of PC games included in it :p

I think everyone was curious as to whether there would be some big Series X difference on show which there really wasn't in all honesty. I have One X in the house everyone's more than entitled to have a view point on it.

Associate
Nothing to do with settings but when I have a pc that literally plays everything there gonna make, I have been given no reason or incentive to spend £500 plus on the consol

I'll have benefits of Xbox game pass, ps5 and switch so I'll be able to play pretty much everything.

I genuinely wanted Microsoft to do something exclusive consol wise that would tempt me to buy it but they haven't

Had a PC in 360 days, 360 one of best consols I ever had

Wait, so you are disappointed that Microsoft have (again) confirmed you will be able to play their first party titles on your PC and not have to pay £500 to do that.

Seems like you should be pleased?

Soldato
Why are all these PC people in this console thread are they lost...... lol

Nope all looking at the prices of GPUS and thinking time to trade up the GPU buying for a console, because half the time all we get on pc is console ports and only advantage is the higher frame rates on PC for most of the console ports. Gaming on the pc is being destroyed by the greedy cartel and most of us have had enough. Xbox series X and PS5 are looking better and better for all not wanting to throw silly money on a GPU and the rest to build a pc. Well this generation will hopefully change how people spend their money and give a few of these PC hardware cartels a wake up call. I will always have a PC and have for over 30 years but i'm not playing into these prices that have been done since the 1080ti .. £500-600 for a top end GPU is more than enough.. not the over £1k we have now ..insane..

Ohh and most also wanting to see the next set of new pc games, lets be honest xbox games = pc games too.

Back
Top Bottom