• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I am going to give Microsoft more time before deciding what to do. The show was what I expected and that was selling the Xbox brand as a service more than hyping up the hardware.

Stalker 2 is a big deal to some of us PC gamers indeed. Let's hope that it's good. Ah well!

Soldato
Wait, so you are disappointed that Microsoft have (again) confirmed you will be able to play their first party titles on your PC and not have to pay £500 to do that.

Seems like you should be pleased?
I am pleased but on the other hand I'm not against exclusives actually being exclusive or exclusive features etc

You don't seen Nintendo games on anything else bar there consol, up until zero dawn comes to PC you don't see Sony games on PC etc

Soldato
TBH, I've not seen anything from either side yet to make me feel I'll be missing out by not getting a console at launch. I'm looking forward to Fable despite only having played a small amount of it when I had an X1X for a couple weeks.

Soldato
I was hoping for Forza Motorsport 8, but its still in early development after 3 years?

Still plenty of gamepass games, the £1 was worth it last year to cover me until May 2022.

I'll wait for the digital foundry analysis, I watched the stream in 1080p lol

Associate
I am pleased but on the other hand I'm not against exclusives actually being exclusive or exclusive features etc

You don't seen Nintendo games on anything else bar there consol, up until zero dawn comes to PC you don't see Sony games on PC etc

That last point only matters if you want to sell consoles like Sony and Nintendo do. Xbox will now have 4 places to play their games (XB1, XSX, xCloud and PC). They don't care as long you play their games.

Man of Honour
Nothing to do with settings but when I have a pc that literally plays everything there gonna make, I have been given no reason or incentive to spend £500 plus on the consol

I'll have benefits of Xbox game pass, ps5 and switch so I'll be able to play pretty much everything.

I genuinely wanted Microsoft to do something exclusive consol wise that would tempt me to buy it but they haven't

Had a PC in 360 days, 360 one of best consols I ever had

Why would they do that when they want you to only buy the games, not the hardware?

You’re their ideal customer, pure profit!

Soldato
Why would they do that when they want you to only buy the games, not the hardware?

You’re their ideal customer, pure profit!
I get what you mean but are they making much profit of me? Game Pass is £4 quid a month, hell mostly £1 if you know what your doing

I mean my maths is crap but surely me buying there consols and physical games would give them more profit

Caporegime
Just watched it and am of the same opinion as many that this console is just pointless if you already have a hefty gaming PC. Pushed me over to the PS5 if I’m honest. Although not every console GP game makes it to PC GP.

Soldato
I was 100% getting a series x at release but after that gameshow I didn't see anything that looked next gen. I am now swaying towards a ps5 and just keeping me one x for a few years before upgrading to the series x.

Soldato
Just watched it and am of the same opinion as many that this console is just pointless if you already have a hefty gaming PC. Pushed me over to the PS5 if I’m honest. Although not every console GP game makes it to PC GP.
But every first party Microsoft studio game will. Any other game isn't likely to be Microsoft exclusive so a PS5 would cover that scenario

Soldato
That felt pretty underwhelming. However, since Xbox is going more for the upgrade rather than generational thing, with games being enhanced, I can see a Series X purchase being made.

Caporegime
OP
I think the objective of the showcase is spot on - get as many subscribers to Xbox Game Pass however you can. Be it on Xbox One, Xbox Series X or Windows 10. For the sheer range of games that one could potentially play for as little as £1, I'm on board.

Man of Honour
I get what you mean but are they making much profit of me? Game Pass is £4 quid a month, hell mostly £1 if you know what your doing

I mean my maths is crap but surely me buying there consols and physical games would give them more profit

Each console sold will be a loss that only gets recouped when they sell something like 5 full priced games. Fewer if they are first party games.

Associate
It amazes me how people expect a dozen triple AAA games on day one........has any console ever had that? Perhaps SNES? That is a far better line up than just about any console launch I can remember, so I guess the issue is diminishing returns, and the fact that each new generation isn’t the huge jump that they use to be.

Back
Top Bottom