quality gardening/diy gloves

jcr

jcr

Associate
can anybody recommend gloves of good quality for gardening/diy. my latest pair lasted about ten hours before the fingers fell to pieces. they didnt like the heat from burning the garden waste. and most are not to good when pulling up brambles.

Soldato
I use Aldi, rubber coated work gloves, which seem are a bit more robust than their gardening gloves, but heat and brambles will test any gloves to destruction unless you like wearing the clumsy, thick gauntlet type monstrosities (which do protect better; mine are from B&Q).

Looking on the Aldi website the ones they've sold recently look a little different to the ones I stocked up on last year. And of course you have to wait for them to be available again, which isn't much help now. But I'd try them again even if the style changes, I've wasted a lot of money on far worse in the past.

Soldato
+1 for the leather gauntlets. We have rambling roses that have thrones 1.5cm long. They are my goto when clearing stuff in the garage with brown spiders and false widows.

Soldato
can anybody recommend gloves of good quality for gardening/diy. my latest pair lasted about ten hours before the fingers fell to pieces. they didnt like the heat from burning the garden waste. and most are not to good when pulling up brambles.

Rigger type suede gloves for cheapness, all leather for quality/expense. Don't bother with fabric/dipped rubber/whatever other nonsense they come out with they're useless at anything other than decoration. Well maybe they'll keep your fingers warm in winter but thats it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom