• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
That Halo gameplay needed to be spotless, cloud flicking in and out, textures popping ain’t great. 4k/60fps stream on YouTube now if anyone interested.
still think both Sony and Microsoft will hold back until the last event before preorders.

Soldato
I think the objective of the showcase is spot on - get as many subscribers to Xbox Game Pass however you can. Be it on Xbox One, Xbox Series X or Windows 10. For the sheer range of games that one could potentially play for as little as £1, I'm on board.

I think the title of this thread sums up the problem TBH. Unlike previous generations, "Series X" is a piece of hardware, not a platform. "Xbox" is the platform, and it appears across Series X, Xbox One (for now), PC, xCloud, and whatever they other hardware they may have planned.

It amazes me how people expect a dozen triple AAA games on day one........has any console ever had that? Perhaps SNES? That is a far better line up than just about any console launch I can remember, so I guess the issue is diminishing returns, and the fact that each new generation isn’t the huge jump that they use to be.

I'm not sure the Series X launch line-up is that stellar. Ignoring updates to previous generation games, or games launching first on other platforms, the launch line-up appears to boil down to Halo, The Medium and CrossfireX (campaign).

By comparison, Xbox One had quite a good launch line-up, with Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, and Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Lococycle, and a bunch of other titles for launch. Not the best games, but a big selection.

But TBH I'm not sure it matters hugely. Is anyone going to be lacking stuff to play at the end of this year?

Last edited:
Associate
Will add that after watching it again on the 4K stream(Xbox channel) I’m not as disappointed as I was in my first view of the live stream. Was an ok showing for me

I was pretty surprised people are disappointed with the Graphics. I couldn't think of any FPS games with better visuals. I've watched it again like you and it looks even better than the stream showed!

Soldato
Fable needs to be SP. Please don’t do this to us.
Having literally years of Game Pass left means SX is a no brainer for me. I will have loads of games to play, where as a PS5 I would have to buy software on day one.

Will pick up a PS5 down the line I think.

Soldato
Fable Legends was going to be heavy on he MP and that got cancelled so hopefully they dont mess it up. Hang on, that tweet is some random french guy, how is that a source?

A few other sites speculate it may be an MMO lite so maybe you can just group with people for certain things like say Destiny but perfectly playable solo?

Soldato
Do find it strange that the Halo game play was from a PC with comparable specs, i would have thought 4 months from launch it would be captured from the Series X? Looking how well (numbers/engagement) are doing for Sea of Thieves, it would not surprise me if Fable and Everwild are both some what Gaas.

Associate
I'll be disappointed if fable isn't single player. Suppose then we are looking at XGS having 3 RPGs being produced simultaneously? (Avowed, Fable and InExiles unannounced RPG?)

Soldato
Do find it strange that the Halo game play was from a PC with comparable specs, i would have thought 4 months from launch it would be captured from the Series X? Looking how well (numbers/engagement) are doing for Sea of Thieves, it would not surprise me if Fable and Everwild are both some what Gaas.

There were rumours dojng the rounds that Infinite is running behind schedule due to Covid, and they've had to move devs from other studios on to it to try and catch up.

Would also explain the demo. And the games reveal being late in July (vs around E3). I do wonder if that's maybe also why we didn't see Senua? Also on the "Maybe 2020?" list?

Caporegime
At around 5:05 in the halo vid an elite throws one of the grunts into the air, little grunt has 2 plasma grenades :p . Can anyone fill me in on what the story is for this? Almost looks like a revisit of Halo 1 with Covenant forces running around again.

Caporegime
OP
At around 5:05 in the halo vid an elite throws one of the grunts into the air, little grunt has 2 plasma grenades :p . Can anyone fill me in on what the story is for this? Almost looks like a revisit of Halo 1 with Covenant forces running around again.

I haven't got a clue what's going on since I haven't played any Halo since 3 but it's something to do with The Banished.

https://www.halopedia.org/Banished

Back
Top Bottom