Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Where've you learned that?

Its in the text of the youtube video and confirmed by 343 themselves. From the video, "When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. The legendary Halo series returns with the most expansive Master Chief story yet. Enjoy a first look at Halo Infinite campaign gameplay, captured real-time and representative of the experience on Xbox Series X running at 60FPS and up to 4K resolution "

Soldato
I don't get Microsoft's strategy here. They've made everything cross gen so the games don't look any better than current gen games. What is the reason to buy a new Xbox at this point?

Soldato
At around 5:05 in the halo vid an elite throws one of the grunts into the air, little grunt has 2 plasma grenades :p . Can anyone fill me in on what the story is for this? Almost looks like a revisit of Halo 1 with Covenant forces running around again.

Worth a watch. It'll catch you up with where things are at by the end of Halo 5, inc. the Halo Wars storylines.

Soldato
Hmm, interesting. I guess that Halo demo wouldn't have been using the Velocity Engine then. Might explain the pop in.

There's quite clearly something very wrong with Halo. Having a bit of a mooch through the trailer now at 4K, slowed to 25%, and parts of it just look awful. Like, there are substantially better looking current-gen games. The terrain and (some) character models, are particularly bad.

Is there anything 343 hasn't messed up? Halo Wars 2 doesn't count as they had Creative Assembly's help :p

Caporegime
I don't get Microsoft's strategy here. They've made everything cross gen so the games don't look any better than current gen games. What is the reason to buy a new Xbox at this point?

Seems an odd way to do things, i wonder if games will have enhancements tacked on later to up the ante in visuals? Something they could do i suppose though making people wait an indeterminate length of time to see their console do what it's capable off is a dumb move.

Soldato
I think the cartoony thing comes from them gpong back to a more "orginal" art style. 5 years though...5 god damn years and that was there best?
My only hope is that its still a very early build, and that as you explore more and more things get better, plus no ray tracing in that demo.

Soldato
Saving grace of course is its on Game Pass, so no full retail payment needed.

Feels a bit like Crackdown in that regard. "Ah well. I'll give it a go anyway" :D

Given they intend to keep working on the game after release, I wonder when they'll have something which seems complete? Guess The Medium and CrossfireX (campaign) are the graphical showcases for Series X launch, unless Hellblade is due to make a shock appearance.

Soldato
I'll still end up buying one at launch since over it's lifetime it will be worth it but PS5 certainly does seem to have more interesting titles. Game Pass is the saving grace and I get that MS don't want to leave XB1/XB1X owners in the cold but surely the whole point of a new console is to enabled new games/experiences. If all we're going to get is more resolution compared to XB1X then they might find people struggling to justify it. Certainly if I could only afford one I'd be going PS5 at launch.

Soldato
Feels a bit like Crackdown in that regard. "Ah well. I'll give it a go anyway" :D

Given they intend to keep working on the game after release, I wonder when they'll have something which seems complete? Guess The Medium and CrossfireX (campaign) are the graphical showcases for Series X launch, unless Hellblade is due to make a shock appearance.
I enjoyed Crackdown exactly because of that, it was on game pass so why not.

Caporegime
I think the cartoony thing comes from them gpong back to a more "orginal" art style. 5 years though...5 god damn years and that was there best?
My only hope is that its still a very early build, and that as you explore more and more things get better, plus no ray tracing in that demo.

There's a post on twitter claiming the build was several months old and had no optimisations, allegedly by someone who works at 343.

Soldato
I enjoyed Crackdown exactly because of that, it was on game pass so why not.

Same.

I wouldn't have been impressed if I'd paid £40 for it. But I had a fun few hours messing around on the game.

Fable and SoD3 have sold me on the Series X. Quite enjoying the 3 Fables and SoD2 on my One X I picked up recently. Yay gamepass!

Just as a heads-up, SoD3 is likely a long, long way out. The studio posted a tweet saying the game is in early pre-production. So essentially that trailer was just a pretty way of saying "We're working on a new game".

There's a post on twitter claiming the build was several months old and had no optimisations, allegedly by someone who works at 343.

Wouldnt surprise me. If they're under pressure to get the game ready for launch, what are the chances they're going to take time out to make a new demo?

I'm struggling to believe the final game will look like the demo. Fired Reach up this evening on the PC. While the Infinite demo is clearly an improvement, it's not 2 generations worth of improvement :p

Back
Top Bottom