Have you been permanently banned from any forums?

Caporegime
I'm permabanned from reddit /r/protectandserve for suggesting some of the police culture that is normal in the US would be seen as corruption in the UK.

Ooh interesting? What sort of things? Dodgy enforcement of civil forfeiture laws? Special get out of jail free cards given to family members of cops and people who make donations to police related charities... get pulled over for speeding and pull out your "I support the cops" card for a discretionary warning instead of a fine/citation. The fact that moonlighting/private security work is allowed? Or that private businesses (nightclubs etc..) can even go so far as to contract uniformed officers complete with patrol car etc..?

Caporegime
Actually, I did think I was going to get perma'd here. This is going back a while but my posting at the time was of an even lower quality than normal so I ended up on moderated posting (a mod checks before it goes public). That was tiresome but deserved. I think I was clashing heads a bit with Burnsy (apologies if this is off the mark Burnsy) but I think I'd made everyone fed up so I shouldn't really single anyone out. Pushing boundaries is fine, kids, but don't be surprised when it bites you if you go too far for too long. Lesson learned.

Soldato
Not perma'd, no. I tend to just walk away before it gets to that, it's never worth arguing with morons, especially morons with power.

Soldato
I got perma banned from puregym on facebook for a PG rated meme on cheat days, probably used it as an excuse as I'm more Alpha than them... kinda silly of them, since I might be missing information on the gym when I go back

Caporegime
I got perma banned from puregym on facebook for a PG rated meme on cheat days, probably used it as an excuse as I'm more Alpha than them... kinda silly of them, since I might be missing information on the gym when I go back

Luckily the information is on PureGym's website for those too Alpha for Facebook.

Soldato
OP
They say the the term Incel Rage is overused but i don't think it is considering the way some mods act on Tech support forums (especially amongst the Linux community) having meltdowns over seemingly trivial things.

I've seen someone booted off the Arch linux forum just for putting 2 question marks at the end of their sentence.

Associate
I was kicked out of an Islamic forum last week for saying that the former president of Turkey, Ataturk was a great leader.
The one I was a member of was pretty well anti-christian and anti-Jewish. The moderators were backward thinking.
Moral is avoid Islamic forums.

Permabanned
They say the the term Incel Rage is overused but i don't think it is considering the way some mods act on Tech support forums (especially amongst the Linux community) having meltdowns over seemingly trivial things.

I've seen someone booted off the Arch linux forum just for putting 2 question marks at the end of their sentence.

Have you seen Linus Torvald's emails on various mailing lists? Hardly surprising given his childish outbursts over the years.

Man of Honour
Ooh interesting? What sort of things? Dodgy enforcement of civil forfeiture laws? Special get out of jail free cards given to family members of cops and people who make donations to police related charities... get pulled over for speeding and pull out your "I support the cops" card for a discretionary warning instead of a fine/citation. The fact that moonlighting/private security work is allowed? Or that private businesses (nightclubs etc..) can even go so far as to contract uniformed officers complete with patrol car etc..?

That's a good starting point, yes.

Soldato
The official EA battlefield forums, seems they don't like honest opinions.

I used to post on the EA UK forums, and the moderators were fairly strict there, but I think the satire and dissatisfaction took hold so much in the end EA shut it down.

Associate
One, I got banned from a US car forum for talking about UK Japanese car shows, turns out that the term Jap is seen as a slur in the USA not a term of endearment. No way I could have known beforehand and even after I explained it they apologised and said they couldn't reverse it >.>

I used have the name 'Cracker' as my gamer tag on most games. I always had to defend myself to the yanks and insist i wasnt racist. i wouldnt mind the picture was of an actual edible cracker. ****whitts

Associate
I joined a travel forum mainly surrounding Disney. I got banned for going to town on some absolute tool who thought it was OK to send 10's of messages/emails phone calls daily to the airline. i argued my point to the mods and insisted it was a well constructed argument and they lifted the ban after agreeing.

Associate
How can "Jap" be a slur when it's just a short version of "Japanese" O_o

It's like saying "Brit".

Because it was used a pejorative term for a long time and is therefore considered offensive, and rightly so. As others have mentioned you wouldn't use the shortened version of Pakistani, or at least you shouldn't. And yes people who are Japanese or Pakistani may use the pejorative term amongst themselves as a means of re-appropriating the word in an attempt to ultimately make it less offensive, much like the N word is used. It's taking it back from those who used it as a slur.

Back
Top Bottom