what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
This is what I've just ordered:

Are these the correct ones to get?
Yup that's the special edition ones, they look badass to be fair. You'll prob like the M50X as they have some bass boost and treble sparkle so quite fun. Not really my thing as I prefer some upper mid energy and mid bass boost but I've always found the M50X a good set all around at a good price as they're durable, versatile. I do think the DT770 is more resolving maybe the DT150 too but when you factor in what the M50X offers it's hard to go against them.

Just seen the purple ones, they look so cool.

Man of Honour
Yup that's the special edition ones, they look badass to be fair. You'll prob like the M50X as they have some bass boost and treble sparkle so quite fun. Not really my thing as I prefer some upper mid energy and mid bass boost but I've always found the M50X a good set all around at a good price as they're durable, versatile. I do think the DT770 is more resolving maybe the DT150 too but when you factor in what the M50X offers it's hard to go against them.

Just seen the purple ones, they look so cool.
That's good to know, they only cost £99 so I'm hoping I really take to them :)

Man of Honour
Just listening to them now and boy do they sound fantastic!

I came from the Sony MDR-V55's which are a decent budget option and I have always liked these but listening to the M50X's is in a different league!

The bass is noticeable on AT's which in some cases I'll may need to tame, though it could just be that they are new and I need to get used to their sound? But the bass is nice and tight and not bloated, which I really like! Also the highs are sweet, not fatiguing or grating which was my concern on the DT770s. I think the mids could do with being a bit better, but still the overall sound is great, I'm really glad I bought these on offer.

They also feel really well built, I know its mainly plastic but its a strong variant and it doesn't creak when being used!

And I'm also a fan of the blue, they look a tonne better in the flesh.

So in a nutshell:

faE9Aix.jpg.png

Associate
If you listen to them soley you'll get used to the bass and they'll end up sounding right to you. The mids are a bit recessed, not heavily so like on some other headphones. If you do feel you need more mids you can always grab another set in the future or whenever and have a fun slightly v shaped phone and one for vocals, harmonies, instrument timbre etc like the HD650 but just enjoy the M50X's and see how you feel in a few weeks/months.

Caporegime
Just listening to them now and boy do they sound fantastic!

I came from the Sony MDR-V55's which are a decent budget option and I have always liked these but listening to the M50X's is in a different league!

The bass is noticeable on AT's which in some cases I'll may need to tame, though it could just be that they are new and I need to get used to their sound? But the bass is nice and tight and not bloated, which I really like! Also the highs are sweet, not fatiguing or grating which was my concern on the DT770s. I think the mids could do with being a bit better, but still the overall sound is great, I'm really glad I bought these on offer.

They also feel really well built, I know its mainly plastic but its a strong variant and it doesn't creak when being used!

And I'm also a fan of the blue, they look a tonne better in the flesh.

So in a nutshell:

Told you :D

Caporegime
Denon d2000
(they are looking so tatty. The ear cushions and head band are flaking plasti . But they are still great
They pretty much got 4-5 stars across the board for reviews

Dunu dn-2000j iems

I like I shaped sound sigs with enhanced bass and particularly crisp treble.

Used to own a pair of triple-fi 10 iems. They were amazing

Can't imagine getting anything else unless either of these break

Associate
Tonight's shenanigans

115794058_731579384272601_4743640772376540119_o.jpg

Soldato
Been using my X2HR for a number of weeks now, I still have until the end of the month to send them back (due to the poor driver matching I picked up on when getting them), however I ran the tests again to check, and they now seem to match pretty well in terms of frequency response. Earlier, I was getting a definite mis-match in the low/mid range (and some mis-match right at the very, very top which I kind of forgive as the response is kind of all over there and not that relevant to listening). So, after using them for a while, it seems as though burn-in may be a real thing and it's actually been kind to me.

Another thing I've noticed is that the quality of the audio is now highly dependant on the source, whereas before with the Goldring's it was less obvious. I think the MacBook Pro I listen to Spotify on needs an amp/dac as it doesn't sound as nice as my PC sound card (although that's not amp'd - Xonar D2).

Start saving for a budget friendly dac/amp I guess!

Soldato
Been using my X2HR for a number of weeks now, I still have until the end of the month to send them back (due to the poor driver matching I picked up on when getting them), however I ran the tests again to check, and they now seem to match pretty well in terms of frequency response. Earlier, I was getting a definite mis-match in the low/mid range (and some mis-match right at the very, very top which I kind of forgive as the response is kind of all over there and not that relevant to listening). So, after using them for a while, it seems as though burn-in may be a real thing and it's actually been kind to me.

Another thing I've noticed is that the quality of the audio is now highly dependant on the source, whereas before with the Goldring's it was less obvious. I think the MacBook Pro I listen to Spotify on needs an amp/dac as it doesn't sound as nice as my PC sound card (although that's not amp'd - Xonar D2).

Start saving for a budget friendly dac/amp I guess!

I sent my X2 back. They are very nice and easy going for music but for gaming they are a bit vague on where stuff is coming from. I also found them pretty heavy. They are a bargain for anyone that got them around the £100 mark.

Back
Top Bottom