** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Down to cost, it has 8 zones so not normal basic edge lit, if it was 512 zone FALD it would be £1000-1200

Yes, cost is a big factor as the X35 or its equivalent would attest. My question is though (as a person who has not experienced HDR) is it a noticeable difference in quality?

Associate
Seems I'm one of the lucky ones as I've had a G7 32 since Monday and it's been spot on. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed, zero smearing, and minimal black crush, which I'm more than happy with. I have it setup besides my Gigabyte G32QC and it's a different gravy when compared. One thing I will say is that it does experience the flickering on menu and loading screens with adaptive sync enabled, not a problem in-game but hopefully it can still be addressed in a future firmware or driver update.

Soldato
Guess I got unlucky hopefully the replacement is perfect and not have long wait , I do really love the monitor curve is great hardly notice it now and the colours and response of the screen is top notch was worried about size of 32 actually find it perfect for my setup

Associate
Seems I'm one of the lucky ones as I've had a G7 32 since Monday and it's been spot on. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed, zero smearing, and minimal black crush, which I'm more than happy with. I have it setup besides my Gigabyte G32QC and it's a different gravy when compared. One thing I will say is that it does experience the flickering on menu and loading screens with adaptive sync enabled, not a problem in-game but hopefully it can still be addressed in a future firmware or driver update.

Luck should not be a factor for ANYONE paying a premium price for these monitors.

Associate
Not being in the UK makes the panel lottery extra frustrating, re returns etc. I'd nearly pay a premium for a monitor thoroughly checked in-store beforehand.... Nearly.

The fact is that shouldn't be needed. I'd accept a pixel fault on a cheap monitor (and have with a stuck red pixel on one of my £100 Benq's, it wasn't worth the hassle to try to swap it), but I'd never accept it on a high end premium display costing £400+. I'm starting to regret my pre-order, but will wait until receiving it to see if it's got any faults or not before deciding what to do.

Soldato
The fact is that shouldn't be needed. I'd accept a pixel fault on a cheap monitor (and have with a stuck red pixel on one of my £100 Benq's, it wasn't worth the hassle to try to swap it), but I'd never accept it on a high end premium display costing £400+. I'm starting to regret my pre-order, but will wait until receiving it to see if it's got any faults or not before deciding what to do.
Oh I totally agree that it shouldn't be needed, but this is where we are with nearly every manufacturer of "gaming" monitor; overpriced, with **** poor QC. Every purchase is a roll of the dice.

Soldato
Zero dead pixel policy should be standard for premium monitors...Samsungs need to follow dell

I got lucky with no dead or faulty pixels.....some backlight bleed and some flickering in menus with VRR on and very slight flickering in game (with VRR ) on some maps (MW4)

Run it with VRR off, on fastest setting and 240Hz with the fps capped in game at 100 FPS and it runs an looks great.

HDR in MW4 works really well....never play without it on now.

Had intended to only use it for gaming but prefer it for browsing and reading too now...the curve just makes it so much nicer to be on.

Its my first curved monitor as saw them as a waste of time with small curves but this 1000R curve just feels right, feels natural...hard to explain.

Shame about supply problems...i got "lucky" with my G7 32" as it was delivered on the 1st July so had it over 3 weeks now :)

Have done all the updates including the one from korean site but didn't change the slight flicker for me...not an issue for me though as it runs super smooth without it....but it should have course work.

Would have liked the G9 but present GPU would have struggled with twice the pixels to run...might consider it depending on how the 3080ti performs :)

Associate
I'm still annoyed I could quite literally now go and pay full price from a certain well known huge online retailer and get it delivered tomorrow (for the 27" at least, which is the one I pre-ordered) yet OCUK can't get stock. They've now dropped estimates for the 32" to August 14th - September 19th on that other website, which may be a sign of things to come for the 27" too. Really sucks.

Associate
Worst thing about it, mine was already sent to me but a screw up in the Warehouse sent it without a packing label and now the Delivery company apparently have no knowledge of it so I have to get back in the queue.

OC owned up and are dealing with it to the best of their ability but its really frustrating and if the Monitor shows up faulty.... well.

Last edited:
Associate
Not being in the UK makes the panel lottery extra frustrating, re returns etc. I'd nearly pay a premium for a monitor thoroughly checked in-store beforehand.... Nearly.

You're already paying a premium, and QC is still not up to scratch.

Worst thing about it, mine was already sent to me but a screw up in the Warehouse sent it without a packing label and now the Delivery company apparently have no knowledge of it so I have to get back in the queue.

OC owned up and are dealing with it to the best of their ability but its really frustrating and if the Monitor shows up faulty.... well.

That's never a good result, the longer parcels/boxes spend in depots with courier companies, the more they get kicked and tossed around as all the other stuff comes and goes, that's why you never get items sent out on Thur/Friday for delivery "the following week", get it next day or not at all....

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
That's never a good result, the longer parcels/boxes spend in depots with courier companies, the more they get kicked and tossed around as all the other stuff comes and goes, that's why you never get items sent out on Thur/Friday for delivery "the following week", get it next day or not at all....

Oh no, its been pretty much confirmed that Monitor is gone. They won't send it back to OC because "they have no record of it" so OC are sorting me another, but its reliant on the next stock delivery.

Associate
I'm still annoyed I could quite literally now go and pay full price from a certain well known huge online retailer and get it delivered tomorrow (for the 27" at least, which is the one I pre-ordered) yet OCUK can't get stock. They've now dropped estimates for the 32" to August 14th - September 19th on that other website, which may be a sign of things to come for the 27" too. Really sucks.

Indeed, the big UK retailer still has G9 for delivery tomorrow, so why has US stopped selling and rumors of recall?
Do we k ow of they are just a USA bad batch, or are there UK owners that have had these problems?

Last edited:
Permabanned
On the G7 32" there is 2 DOB or revisions (not sure) so far, FB01 and FB02 which is on rear the sticker near the barcode (I have the later).

Associate
Indeed, XXXXXXX retailer still has G9 for delivery tomorrow, so why has US stopped selling and rumors of recall?
Do we k ow of they are just a USA bad batch, or are there UK owners that have had these problems?

There have been a couple of posts on reddit, of the Retailers being asked to stop selling or sending out orders in the US, and Samsung have confirmed this on twitter albeit on the German side.

AFAIK there has not been a SAMSUNG confirmation of what those issues are, so again its rumors / speculation.
So yes maybe just a US issue, but confirmation from Germany suggests that it is more widespread

Back
Top Bottom