Best Case & Fans / i9 9900k & RTX 2080 Ti

Associate
Hello,

Planning a new build with an i9 9900k & RTX 2080 Ti, so of course I'm going to need some serious cooling.

For the i9, I'm planning to go with the Corsair H150i. I just need suggestions on what case is ideal for airflow with that probably mounted at the front.

Also, I'm gonna need some good quality case fans. I've seen suggestions like the Corsair ML-140 pros. Any ideas would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Soldato
9900K is more than little brand overpriced for 2018's 8 core/16 thread...
On dead end platform with no upgrade path to high core count CPUs.

Also 2080 Ti (another 2018 product) is really bad buy with even more brand overpricing.
For its huge price its only 35-40% faster than £400 Radeon 5700 XT and besides that craptastic performance per price it doesn't have any real future proofness with ray-tracing causing major performance hit.
And next-gen GPUs are few months away.
Wouldn't even count next Xbox matching it in performance:
Its GPU has 30% more processing units than in 5700 XT and no doubt good amount of architectural improvements.
And for PC AMD is bringing that architecture big chip with doubled amount of processing units compared to 5700 XT.

Associate
Corsair ML fans are NOISY (based on my experience anyway). I would get anything else.

As for a case, something Fractal with a mesh front is always a good shout. Plenty of cooling potential and plenty of room to build in. Also quite like the BeQuiet 500DX as well.

Buy what you want to buy, and enjoy it. There are a lot of options available, and a lot of opinions. Do your own research, make your decision for your reasons and you will have a lot of fun I bet.

I do not regret my 9700k/2080ti combo on an itx board, despite knowing there are other options out there.

Associate
OP
9900K is more than little brand overpriced for 2018's 8 core/16 thread...
On dead end platform with no upgrade path to high core count CPUs.

Also 2080 Ti (another 2018 product) is really bad buy with even more brand overpricing.
For its huge price its only 35-40% faster than £400 Radeon 5700 XT and besides that craptastic performance per price it doesn't have any real future proofness with ray-tracing causing major performance hit.
And next-gen GPUs are few months away.
Wouldn't even count next Xbox matching it in performance:
Its GPU has 30% more processing units than in 5700 XT and no doubt good amount of architectural improvements.
And for PC AMD is bringing that architecture big chip with doubled amount of processing units compared to 5700 XT.
Thanks for the reply, but that isn't what I asked.

Associate
OP
Corsair ML fans are NOISY (based on my experience anyway). I would get anything else.

As for a case, something Fractal with a mesh front is always a good shout. Plenty of cooling potential and plenty of room to build in. Also quite like the BeQuiet 500DX as well.

Buy what you want to buy, and enjoy it. There are a lot of options available, and a lot of opinions. Do your own research, make your decision for your reasons and you will have a lot of fun I bet.

I do not regret my 9700k/2080ti combo on an itx board, despite knowing there are other options out there.
Thanks, appreciate the reply.

Associate
No worries dude.

I replaced my corsair fans with noctua ones, and they are marvelous.
I favour fractal cases because they're are not too fussy and have lots of room for kit (even my define nano s). Lian Li cases are also lovely, I had one a few years ago and the Lancool 2 looks like a winner. Really depends on what size mobo you're going to buy I guess

Associate
Just based on what you’ve said.
I find the Lian-Li o11d is excellent for airflow and layout.

The H150 is a great cooler but not unlike many other Asetek base AiO designs. I have noticed the Corsair range of AiOs generally have a very flat cooling plate unlike NZXT which always appear domed. If I didn’t get a great deal on my 2 x72’s I’d have probably gone for Corsair.

the ML range of fans a good for using on radiators and offer much better airflow than the LL or QL range. Their RGB isn’t so pretty thought imho if you’re into all that.

Soldato
Got a meshify C, with 2 phanteks 140mp's at the front. Overclockers have an occasional bundle for them. Arctic p14 are apparently very good 140mm fans too.

Got the top mesh covered, since I'm trying to get smoother airflow from front to back. Got a 120mm fan at the back top to keep air moving past the CPU, and just ordered a 90mm fan to hopefully (bought it for £3, didn't bother measuring) fit under the GPU to help things move.

Back
Top Bottom