Another "I need a new chair" thread

Associate
The Black Edition range does come with cushions, the head pillow and lumbar support too, and Overclockers UK provide the 30 day comfort guarantee with noblechairs. :)

Brilliant, I was wondering as it doesn't seem to mention either on the page. Now do I order this and a footstool together...

Associate
Hi, Is there anyway to tell how high we are in the queue? I put in an order on Tuesday (ETA on stock was showing 22nd). I didn't realise there was a stack of pre-orders and the stock was likely already sold out.

Thanks,

Ignore this, the gaming gods have smiled on me and my order has just shipped!

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
Ignore this, the gaming gods have smiled on me and my order has just shipped!

Thanks!
Happy for you bud :) Let us know how you get on with it.
Ill crack my box open later this evening.

Brilliant, I was wondering as it doesn't seem to mention either on the page. Now do I order this and a footstool together...

A noble footstool? Do point the way! Which one?

Soldato
OP
Ah cheers.

So all assembled...
What a chair. Feel like the emperor man!

@fiveub is there any guide how to tie the lower cushion? Ive just attached them using the long straps provided but just wonderin if there is an optimal way to do it?

Also the seat is a little on the firm side, but I guess this will give way with time?
(this is what I read).

OcUK Staff
The straps are for the EPIC Series, as it goes through the holes of the chair back. For the ICON and HERO the straps are not required. :)

That's right, you'll break into the chair over time, and it's supposed to be somewhat firm to keep your posture, because if a chair is too soft and "cushiony" it's not good for your body. I'm glad you like the chair, welcome to the nobility. :D

Soldato
OP
Ah ok understood. So I can take the straps off them no need?
Why does the Epic have the holes for this? Can you link to what it looks like...

More hours in this chair.
I could literally live here...
Dont suppose there are toilet options for this? :D

Cheers fiveub, very happy with this purchase. Love this chair.

W50

W50

Associate
Hi All, I received the Icon Black Edition on Wed of this week and built it the same evening. First impressions, I love the style, the finish of the PU Leather, but I am struggling to get comfortable. I am not sure whether its a combination of the lip at the front of the chair base that is causing me discomfort or something else, but I am willing to give this a go as it is a lovely looking chair, but if I can't get comfortable, then there is no point in keeping it for the sake of it.

@fiveub - Please could you contact me directly. Thank you.

Soldato
Do the Noble chairs have arms you can move out of the way or are they just fixed? What I mean is that can you rotate them vertically so they're horizontal to the base rather than vertical? I usually don't bolt them onto chairs as I find with my frame they just get in the way when typing or hit the desk when at lowest setting, but nice to use them sometimes. It's rare to find this however but some chairs you can rotate the arms vertically by 90degrees to move them completely out of the way.

OcUK Staff
Hi All, I received the Icon Black Edition on Wed of this week and built it the same evening. First impressions, I love the style, the finish of the PU Leather, but I am struggling to get comfortable. I am not sure whether its a combination of the lip at the front of the chair base that is causing me discomfort or something else, but I am willing to give this a go as it is a lovely looking chair, but if I can't get comfortable, then there is no point in keeping it for the sake of it.

Glad you're loving the quality of the chair, and I've sent you a DM, it's most likely need breaking in so you get used to it. :)

Do the Noble chairs have arms you can move out of the way or are they just fixed? What I mean is that can you rotate them vertically so they're horizontal to the base rather than vertical? I usually don't bolt them onto chairs as I find with my frame they just get in the way when typing or hit the desk when at lowest setting, but nice to use them sometimes. It's rare to find this however but some chairs you can rotate the arms vertically by 90degrees to move them completely out of the way.

The arms can be pushed back, unfortunately they're unable to be pushed out of the way like that, but you can always unscrew them if you didn't want arms at all.

Associate

My Hero took a couple of weeks to break in. Until then, the backs of my thighs were going dead. Stick with it!

Associate
The arms can be pushed back, unfortunately they're unable to be pushed out of the way like that, but you can always unscrew them if you didn't want arms at all.

This is the worst feature of these chairs sadly. For example, I can't play guitar whilst sat down. Everything else is great.

W50

W50

Associate
My Hero took a couple of weeks to break in. Until then, the backs of my thighs were going dead. Stick with it!
That's exactly what I am finding, the back of my legs going numb. It's a little odd, as I have the chair on the lowest level and my legs don't rest heavily on the front lip, yet it is causing discomfort.

Associate
The more I read these threads, the less inclined I am to go the Noblechairs route. They seem to have all the issues I had with my DX Racing and then some. I was really set on getting the Icon but it now looks like I'm going to have to shell out £500 plus for something like the Ergohuman or Mirus. Some of the design decisions on gaming chairs beggars belief. Why the raised front seat edge on the Icon when every good ergonomic office chair opt for either a flexible or waterfall design?

Caporegime
The more I read these threads, the less inclined I am to go the Noblechairs route. They seem to have all the issues I had with my DX Racing and then some. I was really set on getting the Icon but it now looks like I'm going to have to shell out £500 plus for something like the Ergohuman or Mirus. Some of the design decisions on gaming chairs beggars belief. Why the raised front seat edge on the Icon when every good ergonomic office chair opt for either a flexible or waterfall design?

Because they're designed to sell based on an astehtic purpose, because 'gaming'.

Soldato
OP
So folks. Ive had the chair for a few weeks now.

Its a lovely chair... except for one thing...

The edge of the seat where my legs come over the edge... seems to dig into the back of my thighs.... to the point where there is "discomfort" rather than pain.

Ive said that I would persevere to see if this would break in, but after several weeks of DAILY usage.... nothing is giving....

Am I being anal here or have others experienced similar?

I have to say it is quite a firm seat, not very cushiony/pillowy? compared to other seats Ive had...

Associate
So folks. Ive had the chair for a few weeks now.

Its a lovely chair... except for one thing...

The edge of the seat where my legs come over the edge... seems to dig into the back of my thighs.... to the point where there is "discomfort" rather than pain.

Ive said that I would persevere to see if this would break in, but after several weeks of DAILY usage.... nothing is giving....

Am I being anal here or have others experienced similar?

I have to say it is quite a firm seat, not very cushiony/pillowy? compared to other seats Ive had...

I bought mine same time as you and mine has got softer for me, i am rather heavy so i am sure that has played a part in it for me

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your input linwelin.

Can you relate to the issue I mentioned above? The front of the seat kind of jutting out a little into the back of the thighs?

Did you say that has gotten softer at the front or all around the seat?

(Visually when you look at it, it doesnt seem to jut out....)

Also do you notice does the chair have a little bit of a rock (even when the "going back" lever is fixed?)

Back
Top Bottom