• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[AMD] What brand has the best GPU

Soldato
Thought be in an interesting question to ask as i would imagiine a lot of people are considering a 3xxx GPUS

• if we go back to the AMD 200 until now now.
    which brand do you think does nvidia cards best?
its up to you decide on the reasons it could be
  • sales
  • best cooler temps
  • best looks
  • best support

if everyone could answer in the following format to help users tally that would be very nice please try to keep to 3.

Mine
* sapphire - Support/Coolers/looks

Last edited:
Soldato
Sapphire are always highly rated, gigabyte made the amazing gaming oc model. Powercolor also can make excellent cards.

* ASUS - always decent Coolers, never bad looking
You're joking right? Cooler on the 5700xt TUF was so bad at memory cooling killed cards. The screws on the strix allowed the cooler to lose contact when the card was pointing down like it does in most cases.

Soldato
I wouldn't touch anything from Asus with a ten foot pole personally.

Gigabyte for warranty/support and quality components depending on card version.

Soldato
Sapphire are probably the most consistent when it comes to making good quality AMD cards, the only thing that puts me off them is the of any UK or European RMA centre and the turnaround for warranty claims. Powercolor are another decent brand similar to Sapphire with good quality cards (although one of their recently released Red Dragon cards came out with faulty firmware which throttled the card) but as with Sapphire warranty claims are going to be painful.

Gigabyte solves the warranty issues you have with the likes of Powercolor and Sapphire but I wouldn't blindly buy a Gigabyte card (AMD or Nvidia) without reading some reviews first and seeing some consumer feedback as quality can be mixed at times. I would say though @GIGA-Man is a good reason to buy Gigabyte cards, if anyone has a problem he is more often then not around to help out and that itself adds value to the purchase.

Last edited:
Caporegime
For AMD: Sapphire, Gigabyte, Powercolor. In that order.

Sapphire are AMD's main board partner, and they consistently make the best AMD cards.

Sapphire are always highly rated, gigabyte made the amazing gaming oc model. Powercolor also can make excellent cards.

You're joking right? Cooler on the 5700xt TUF was so bad at memory cooling killed cards. The screws on the strix allowed the cooler to lose contact when the card was pointing down like it does in most cases.

They later fixed it...

Soldato
I have always gone for Sapphire in the past however on this occasion I went for Powercolor purely for the price difference. If I had waited a couple of months then the price difference would have been neglible and, based on reviews, I would have probably gone for the Sapphire however I'm more than happy with my Red Dragon now AMD appear to have sorted out their driver issues (touch wood).

Caporegime
Asus cards for amd generally seem like an afterthought, issues that should have been caught in "QC" (assuming they actually have a QC process) getting out then they lay the blame on amd.

Soldato
The 3 PC Red Devil and Red Dragon cards i've had have all been fantastic. Hard to wrong with their RD line-up. The Sapphire 7850 was pound for pound the best card I've ever had. I'd only buy Sapphire, PC, and Gigabyte AMD cards.

Back
Top Bottom