What watch do you wear?

Associate
How may GS do you have btw?

Mine will go on a Barton Elite Silicone for sure but in a matching colour variant to go with whatever dial or hand accent I end up choosing. A £17 strap on a circa £5l watch :D

Quality straps though. I'd need to get the Seiko leather strap too so I can swap over the GS deployment clasp just to keep things looking OEM.

This is all thinking ahead though.... A bit of a way off yet before all this :)

I "only" have those 2, my Yin & Yang couple (SBGR0183 & SBHG047) :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'll not say too much just now but I'm in two minds in whether to order them up now or wait until I get a watch book delivered at the start of next week before pulling the trigger. But on the basis of the watches you've posted so far they'll make yours look normal :p

I am intrigued, you didn't win the lotto and spent some woolongs at Jacob & Co did you? :p

His BioShock style watch is not normal! :mad:

You know you want one secretly, the final batch of the 250 production comes in August/September, set your reminder :cool:

Marloe%20Morar%20-%2020200720_190638.jpg

I "only" have those 2, my Yin & Yang couple (SBGR0183 & SBHG047) :)

For some reason I thought you had at least 3!

Edit*

This is now my new favourite watch channel:

Last edited:
Soldato
I am intrigued, you didn't win the lotto and spent some woolongs at Jacob & Co did you? :p

You know you want one secretly, the final batch of the 250 production comes in August/September, set your reminder :cool:

Marloe%20Morar%20-%2020200720_190638.jpg

For some reason I thought you had at least 3!

Edit*

This is now my new favourite watch channel:

As much as I'd like to say yes, unfortunately it's quite the opposite end of the price scale however if my euromillions ticket comes in tonight then I may post up a couple of flashier watches :p

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I've had 2 straps from Barton so far (the latest 3 have not yet been delivered but left NYC on the 21st apparently!) and have had no customs charges. It appears that because the value is £15 or less and Barton ship one by one, they slip by customs :cool:

Brilliant thanks, 3 on the way :D

Soldato
Perlon straps arrived from watch obsession today. Ordered navy,orange and light grey and so far this is my favourite.
d6kgE1P.jpg

Took me a while to work out how to adjust the strap but got there :D

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I read an article today about what the world's welthiest people wear from Muk to Gates. Unsurprisingly Gates rotates a bunch of Casios he likes. What a guy!

https://luxurylaunches.com/watches/...bill-gates-proudly-wears-a-70-casio-watch.php

Maybe I am indeed just happy with my Timex and vintage Casios and Marloes :p

Brilliant thanks, 3 on the way :D

Hopefully your shipment arrives in steady time. My order of 3 straps shipped on July 1st and only just yesterday does tracking show it reaching London.

I am hoping it slips through the letterbox tomorrow or Tuesday as I am off so can spend all day marvelling at strap combinations. How sad!

Last edited:

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Hopefully your shipment arrives in steady time. My order of 3 straps shipped on July 1st and only just yesterday does tracking show it reaching London.

I am hoping it slips through the letterbox tomorrow or Tuesday as I am off so can spend all day marvelling at strap combinations. How sad!

No major rush as the watch hasn't been delivered yet :cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just watched a watchfinder video on a Credor and all is clear now. I saw one posted on Pistonheads and was confused as to why some were quite wowed by it as I'd never seen one before nor heard of the name. I now know why and once saw the price of £50,000 my eyes watered. I should have known though, the moment I saw that Springdrive sweep of the seconds hand, there was no mistake that this was a Seiko piece.

So why is it £50k?

- The dial is hand made, hand finished and it takes 1 man a whole day just do do the dial.
- The dial cracks during the process and there are more binned cracked dials than uncracked due to this process.
- Only 1 man in the world is capable of making this dial.
- Precious metals everywhere.

The list goes on...

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine will make yours look big! I think I had a growth spurt at a weird time in my younger years so I have longer forearms than most (or so I think anyway). I now have a 'short' strap which is 105 + 70mm and I can easilly use the smallest lug hole on that but I use the second smallest.

The watch I wear is 38mm which just about looks ok. I have a 36mm which looks a lot more appropriate on my wrist.

Everyone can have a giggle at my expense today :D

VClBohkh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom