*** The Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Thread ***

Soldato
I had to send my phone back to sony for repairs recently. Headphone jack wasn't working with 3 pole headphones. Whole process was very painless, just registered the device on the website, wrote what was wrong and they provide free postage both ways. Between sending the phone and getting it back to about 10 days though I didn't get any updates on anything except "We're sending your phone back"

Wasn't too bad as I had a moto g to use in the meantime.

Soldato
Folks, I am contemplating buying one of these for my wife as she has a slow as hell iPhone 4 and I want to move her over to Android to make things simpler - i.e backing stuff up etc.

I need a device of a similar size to the iPhone but obviously with better hardware at the Z5c seems to fit the bill well enough. The camera samples/issues above don't really inspire confidence though! I really want her first android device to be something that wakes her up from the closed platform that is iOS so I ideally don't want flaws anywhere.

GiffGaff are doing this device for £280 at present. Is this the best I can get it for?

Soldato
I need a device of a similar size to the iPhone but obviously with better hardware at the Z5c seems to fit the bill well enough. The camera samples/issues above don't really inspire confidence though! I really want her first android device to be something that wakes her up from the closed platform that is iOS so I ideally don't want flaws anywhere.

The camera issue is the only problem I've ever had with it, I wouldn't let that put you off, it takes great photos, long battery life, I've never had any slowdown. It's a great phone.

Soldato
The home and recent buttons on my wife's z5c aren't working. They're responding with the vibrate/haptic feedback, and visually showing they've been pressed, but the phone doesn't do what it's supposed to.

Anyone else had this and how did you resolve?

Soldato
Well believe it or not I've had one if these for 4.5 years and it's still working fine, but struggling to get a full day without having to charge.

What would be a decent modern replacement in the £300 range?

Must haves:

Compact size
Waterproof
Decent processing power
Android
Better camera than Z5
Sd expansion
Good battery life

I have no idea what modern phone specs are.

Thanks

Associate
Good question. When I looked earlier this year the only thing I found that matched the form factor and performance was the iPhone SE.

I just bit the bullet and stayed Android but went for a (considerably) bigger phone.

Back
Top Bottom