• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
This is getting absolutely embarrassing now. At every turn it seems the PS fan base is determined to prove that their choices are better than Microsoft’s, contrary to the truth of the situation.

The facts of the matter:

Series X is at a minimum 20% faster for GPU throughput, with ray tracing performance being over 30% faster as well. This is precisely why Microsoft have already been announcing several 4K/60fps and 120fps games whereas Sony have been generally unable to.

Microsoft have arguably announced a more diverse range of console exclusive titles for the Series X than Sony for the PS5.

They are also delivering all these titles through gamepass, which means at launch Xbox owners will be paying at the most say £15 to play all these games whereas on PS5 you’ll be paying £50-60 to play the DLC that is Spider-Man Miles Morales.

If you don’t like the particular games on Xbox then that’s fine but making blatantly false claims that the PS5 is the better hardware / Xbox don’t have any exclusive games / the ecosystem is in anyway comparable etc, is simply proving that your viewpoint is totally biased and undermines your entire argument. I.e. you just look like an ignorant fool.

I expected better from the OcUK forum, it’s starting to read like Reddit in here (scary as I swear the population there consists of braindead children exclusively), which is disappointing. Let’s all try to stick with facts rather than make believe fanboy talk, ok. I hope that someone is able to actually reply with an intelligent response to any of this, but sadly the best most can often do it seems is to ignore the truth and just bleat out the same Sony propaganda over and over again.

I will stick to my early statement - the specifications of the consoles are so close, that there will not be a single instance where a game is able to "only" play at 4k/30 on one and 4k/60 on the other.
I shall then expand my earlier statement and say that although the more powerful console will undoubtedly be able to put more details, more "flashyness" on the screen, that unless you're running the two versions side-by-side you really aren't going to notice them.
I'll then go off on a tangent and say that the PS5 will once again have the better game selection and have the games people really want to play.
Finally, I'll point out the slight irony of you "demanding we all speak the truth" but then call the new Spider Man game "DLC" - when it isn't, there is no requirement to own the original Spider Man, it is a stand-alone game. It'll also not be £50 - £60.

Associate
See? I did say that I wish to avoid triggering someone. @pioneer2000 please read more carefully next time when quoting others to avoid arguments and possible bans.

First thing is if you are addressing me which I think you were by quoting me, I would like to tell you that I am not biased towards XBOX. I have stated in the other thread that I hope they do good so that I won't have the need to upgrade my current PC build.

I also said that the Halo demo wasn't bad. I own a XOX, PS4 and a PC and I am too old to get into arguments online.:)

Soldato
This is getting absolutely embarrassing now. At every turn it seems the PS fan base is determined to prove that their choices are better than Microsoft’s, contrary to the truth of the situation.

The facts of the matter:

Series X is at a minimum 20% faster for GPU throughput, with ray tracing performance being over 30% faster as well. This is precisely why Microsoft have already been announcing several 4K/60fps and 120fps games whereas Sony have been generally unable to.

Microsoft have arguably announced a more diverse range of console exclusive titles for the Series X than Sony for the PS5.

They are also delivering all these titles through gamepass, which means at launch Xbox owners will be paying at the most say £15 to play all these games whereas on PS5 you’ll be paying £50-60 to play the DLC that is Spider-Man Miles Morales.

If you don’t like the particular games on Xbox then that’s fine but making blatantly false claims that the PS5 is the better hardware / Xbox don’t have any exclusive games / the ecosystem is in anyway comparable etc, is simply proving that your viewpoint is totally biased and undermines your entire argument. I.e. you just look like an ignorant fool.

I expected better from the OcUK forum, it’s starting to read like Reddit in here (scary as I swear the population there consists of braindead children exclusively), which is disappointing. Let’s all try to stick with facts rather than make believe fanboy talk, ok. I hope that someone is able to actually reply with an intelligent response to any of this, but sadly the best most can often do it seems is to ignore the truth and just bleat out the same Sony propaganda over and over again.

How do you know the PS5 isnt the better hardware? Are you using the TF, as the only identifier for the better hardware? Seems to me that in plenty of other ways the PS5 is superior from what we know, audio, SSD, I/O etc, but we wont know for years to come in all honestly. Judging from what has been shown actually running on the consoles ie all the PS5 showcase, and nothing conformed to be shown on the series X then i can see why people would get the idea from. I think statements for either case are far to early at this point to be able to clarified, but people can make assumptions on what they have seen and from that base an opinion, in the end we all going to have to wait.

Associate

The facts of the matter:

Christ on a bike do you even realise that you come across as a massive fan boy. To also make a comment about brain dead children you make stupid remarks "Sony defense force blah blah blah".
Someone point me to the block button please.

Soldato
How do you know the PS5 isnt the better hardware? Are you using the TF, as the only identifier for the better hardware? Seems to me that in plenty of other ways the PS5 is superior from what we know, audio, SSD, I/O etc, but we wont know for years to come in all honestly. Judging from what has been shown actually running on the consoles ie all the PS5 showcase, and nothing conformed to be shown on the series X then i can see why people would get the idea from. I think statements for either case are far to early at this point to be able to clarified, but people can make assumptions on what they have seen and from that base an opinion, in the end we all going to have to wait.

No one can currently claim to have better audio? I've only seen some marketing speak that's been used on PC since I began using them. SSD is a given, but it's like the jump between SSD vs M2 in real life tests rather than benchmarks...

As you elude to, we can only state what is known. These two consoles are a big step up in power over the consoles they replace. Only thing we've been told is that there's a sustained 3TF between them and until we get them out to reviewers, the rest is marketing and hype.

A good friend of mine understands little of the tech, and he was annoyed last night because he'll have an even smaller hard drive than he has now. Although he hasn't seen a single game of interest yet, other than what is likely multi-platform. But it's the juggling of a couple games that he's worried about, as he expects them to all be rather large.

Soldato
A good friend of mine understands little of the tech, and he was annoyed last night because he'll have an even smaller hard drive than he has now. Although he hasn't seen a single game of interest yet, other than what is likely multi-platform. But it's the juggling of a couple games that he's worried about, as he expects them to all be rather large.

We are being told that due to the speed of the storage there is little or no need to duplicate the assets in the final game file so in theory they could actually be smaller in size.

Soldato
Christ on a bike do you even realise that you come across as a massive fan boy. To also make a comment about brain dead children you make stupid remarks "Sony defense force blah blah blah".
Someone point me to the block button please.
He has been the same since the PS3/360 days. Not sure why anyone is surprised!

Associate
Whilst I do agree that Pioneer2000 has made some, frankly quite bizarre statements, I do think there is a lack of accountability and bewildering acceptance for some of the "pro-PS5" comments made in here.
I keep seeing it stated as fact that the differential between them will be 15% and unnoticeable and no one has questioned that (and that's quite frustrating for someone that is trying to weigh up an unbias summation of the two). Can anyone substantiate this claim? My understanding is that both the CPU and GPU in the PS5 will throttle down when under high demand (surely this is when you don't want them to throttle down?), so surely the differential quoted is a best case scenario for PS5?

I suspect the PS5 will be a minimum 15% less powerful, and when they start throttling down the GPU and CPU it could be substantially more due to having fewer CUs but at a higher clock.......and I really do not accept the company line that the super fast SSD will make that much of a difference - though I really do hope it will, but the difference between SSD and NVMe is immense on paper, but perceptible difference in reality it is minimal.

The one thing Sony does have is a vast and amazing portfolio of games to leverage, and much like Nintendo, I can imagine them being far more creative than the corporate Microsoft........though I have yet to see anything (bat Halo) that excites me from either!

Soldato
and I really do not accept the company line that the super fast SSD will make that much of a difference - though I really do hope it will, but the difference between SSD and NVMe is immense on paper, but perceptible difference in reality it is minimal.

Confusion regarding terminology aside (they're all SSDs), the perceptible difference is only minimal in applications which don't make proper use of the bandwidth. The PS5 isn't intended to use its storage in the same way a PC (or for that matter, any other console) does.

Associate
Confusion regarding terminology aside (they're all SSDs), the perceptible difference is only minimal in applications which don't make proper use of the bandwidth. The PS5 isn't intended to use its storage in the same way a PC (or for that matter, any other console) does.
Hopefully when it comes out I can be convinced, but at the moment I have a healthy skepticism.

Soldato
I'd advise blocking him. I did a few years ago as he's just an idiot.

Yep, I recall when the live event was going on he was absolutely desperate to get a nibble and everyone ignored him :D I hope for his sake he isn't any older than 14 or he needs some self reflection.

Still not particularly impressed by anything yet. I like gamepass but I like the fact sony are treating next gen as such and not going backwards with the cross gen stuff that MS seem to be. Also, as someone who doesn't like alien shooters like Halo (halflife exception), there is nothing on offer.

Soldato
Hopefully when it comes out I can be convinced, but at the moment I have a healthy skepticism.

And rightly so, but they've already demonstrated how it'll work both in Cerny's presentation and in the most recent games reveal where certain games (e.g. Ratchet & Clank) were using the rapid storage to stream in game data without loading times. Ultimately it hinges on how well developers utilise it rather than whether the tech itself works.

He has been the same since the PS3/360 days. Not sure why anyone is surprised!

Correct. From what I've seen of his behaviour in Motors, if you can somehow find a way to simultaneously criticise the Xbox and the Merc A-Class AMG, his head might explode.

Back
Top Bottom