Peugeot RCZ or VW Scirocco or ...

Associate
OP
Wouldn't touch an RCZ with someone elses barge pole.

My father had one not long after they came out, did less than 10k miles in it and the engine went pop less than 6yrs out of warranty. Turns out it's a common fault on that engine which was at one time shared with the Cooper S, a part of the VVT system fails which is a head off repair. Peugeot mugged him off with a bill in the thousands and wouldn't even entertain any goodwill contribution towards it.

Are you sure it was the diesel?

Associate
OP
The Mégane looks interesting from the outside and should be cheap to run. Not sure if it's my idea or not but they seem to be overpriced?

Associate
OP
Did a test drive and did not have any problems with the Sciroco. Adequate space and adjustments for the driver and ride more firm (as expected compared to the E220) but shouldn't be an issue on the motorway.

Caporegime
Small ish I’d suggest looking at an A Class, having driven an A220 (I think) on a 350 mile round trip recently, I was impressed with the ride & refinement, it pleasantly surprised me tbh.

Anything bigger, I’m surprised the 520d isn’t getting suggested, the motorways are full of them for a good reason....

Back
Top Bottom