** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
There have been a couple of posts on reddit, of the Retailers being asked to stop selling or sending out orders in the US, and Samsung have confirmed this on twitter albeit on the German side.

AFAIK there has not been a SAMSUNG confirmation of what those issues are, so again its rumors / speculation.
So yes maybe just a US issue, but confirmation from Germany suggests that it is more widespread

Just wondering why they are still selling them in UK if there is a fundamental problem with all the G9?

Then I guess there is always RMA if needed

Permabanned
Mine is FA01

It may be A not B I will pull it out from wall and look later.

Edit: was being lazy, checked right now it is for sure FB02 on mines and I seen others report FB01 so there is at least 3 versions now you have added FA01 to the mix.

I would assume B is newer than A and 2 is also newer than 1.

Associate
Noticing more and more issues with this thing so mostly likely going to return it... most annoying one, i turn my PC on and the screen comes on and then immediately goes to sleep... reboot pc by holding the power button down and try a second time and the monitor turns on perfectly and i am into windows... (I have the latest firmware and drivers for my video card etc)...

Second most annoying one... whilst in windows, screen saver comes on after 10 mins, then after 15 mins pc tries to put screen to sleep, but screen stays on and displays "no signal" for hours on end until i come in the room and realise and have to manually turn screen off...

Anyone else finding this?

Permabanned
I tried disabling Windows Screen Saver and Power Off options for screen (as they are unreliable and do not work 100% of the time) and using the ones built into the monitor but the ECO Power Off part does not work (supposed to turn of monitor in X time if no activity like Windows Power Off), the Main Power Off after 1-4+ hours does work though.

Also to turn it of manually you have to enter a menu using the JOG button which is a joke..

After I power on monitor manually it takes a long time to come on and sometime I get the Set up G-Sync Message about 50% of the times, also had the Windows connect/disconnect ding sound till I change the Sound Card/Speakers back to default Sound Device instead of the monitor.

Permabanned
Noticing more and more issues with this thing so mostly likely going to return it... most annoying one, i turn my PC on and the screen comes on and then immediately goes to sleep... reboot pc by holding the power button down and try a second time and the monitor turns on perfectly and i am into windows... (I have the latest firmware and drivers for my video card etc)...

Second most annoying one... whilst in windows, screen saver comes on after 10 mins, then after 15 mins pc tries to put screen to sleep, but screen stays on and displays "no signal" for hours on end until i come in the room and realise and have to manually turn screen off...

Anyone else finding this?

Try messing with the setting Auto Source Switch, I read some had to but not sure if due to more than 1 screen or device connected.

Permabanned
These monitors seem amazing on paper, really hope they can sort out any issues they may have as i'm really keen to pick one up, viewing 1440p 240hz sounds incredible

Soldato
My 32 G7 is being picked up tomorrow (white flickering lines on right side of screen) no idea when I will be getting replacement when lack of stock :(

Soldato
It doesn't surprise me there are problems. I got a QLED and the display takes anything up to 30 mins to warm up and stop artifacting. Eventually it comes to life. I live with.

I wouldn't buy another which is a shame because picture quality is superb.

Back
Top Bottom