1K Car recommendations

Associate
back in the day the answer was vauxhall cavalier, so in this day and age something like a mondeo or vectra would be a good bet. small cars tend to have a premium whereas the large hatchbacks are usually much cheaper and in better condition as well - extra points if you can get a saloon version. Expect there would be plenty choice in the focus and astra space as well.

Failing that, a rover 620Ti.

Don
Found a nice 1.4tdci fiesta,

Nice and 1.4tdci are a contradiction :)

At 40mile/day petrol is very much an option, and there tends to be less to go wrong compared to diesels.

I just didn't want to be walking into a potential shed situation with something so cheap.

You can still walk into a shed situation at any amount (even including brand new cars)

Avoid the Mii/up/citigo they will be hateful on a motorway. At least get a fiesta sized car.

Personally a MK2 jazz would still be my choice. EX trim would get you climate and cruise control.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202007141234346

Caporegime
I dont think you know what you want. Youve more than tripled your budget, and now people are recommending cars at all different prices? :confused:

Id rather do miles in a 1K passat/mondeo than a 3.5K Fiesta/jazz, just saying.

Soldato
OP
I dont think you know what you want. Youve more than tripled your budget, and now people are recommending cars at all different prices? :confused:

Id rather do miles in a 1K passat/mondeo than a 3.5K Fiesta/jazz, just saying.
You are right I have no idea. I have previously had a few fiestas which is why I thought about them

Associate
I've spent 300 quid, 1k, 2k and 5k on cars and can honestly say the 5k car gave me just as much grief as the 300 quid car.
Mrs has a company car these days so I just run around in my 800 quid sportka and I've actually spent less on that in the last 3 years than anything else.

So just get a jap car or a focus for a grand and move on with your life :p

Back
Top Bottom