Corsair Carbide 600C Fan placement.

Associate
Hey, I'm wondering if i can get some advice about my fan placement and wondering where i could improve.

I used to have a water cooler but now i use the Wraith Prism.

2 fans on the front.(Intake)
2 on the bottom of the case.(exhaust)
1 on the rear of the case.(exhaust)

A friend of mine has advised i leave it as it is. However, advising me to just flat out remove the 2 on the bottom.

This is actually how i have mine, minus the water cooler.

COQ1qJJ.jpg

Associate
Personally, I would remove the bottom fan nearest to the front.
General wisdom seems to be that you should have at least as much intake as exhaust, not more exhaust than intake

Don
I'd remove both of the bottom fans, otherwise the cool air is just going to be drawn towards the bottom and out without actually cooling anything.

Remove any spare PCI-E slot covers, and the single rear exhaust should be fine

Associate
OP
I'd remove both of the bottom fans, otherwise the cool air is just going to be drawn towards the bottom and out without actually cooling anything.

Remove any spare PCI-E slot covers, and the single rear exhaust should be fine

Ok thanks, can i just ask though, why do i need to take the other PCIe slot covers off?

Soldato
leave the two front intakes
remove bottom
gives you exhaust at bottom
and your PSU at the top exhuasting

should be fine would just keep your intake rpm slighty higher giving you slighty postive airflow

i have the case for my 1800X build

Associate
OP
leave the two front intakes
remove bottom
gives you exhaust at bottom
and your PSU at the top exhuasting

should be fine would just keep your intake rpm slighty higher giving you slighty postive airflow

i have the case for my 1800X build

Yeah this is how i now have it. I'm just super tempted to maybe get a water cooler again as the fan on my Wraith Prism keeps spiking(i used the pre applied thermal paste) and it seems to idle at around 55c/60c on average it spikes to like, 70c/75c but the highest is 79c, which i know is kinda perfectly fine for the CPU to get to these temps without it causing issue, i just want it to be lower for my minds sake. My friend has the same CPU as me so i figure the only difference is he's using a watercooler and i use the Wraith like i said. and his idles at around 40c/50c.

Soldato
Yeah this is how i now have it. I'm just super tempted to maybe get a water cooler again as the fan on my Wraith Prism keeps spiking(i used the pre applied thermal paste) and it seems to idle at around 55c/60c on average it spikes to like, 70c/75c but the highest is 79c, which i know is kinda perfectly fine for the CPU to get to these temps without it causing issue, i just want it to be lower for my minds sake. My friend has the same CPU as me so i figure the only difference is he's using a watercooler and i use the Wraith like i said. and his idles at around 40c/50c.
to be completeltly honest on my 2950X (16 Core) i actaully got better tempertures with noctuca air cooler over AIO and its far quieter no pump noises or air noises.
https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail

get some thermal grizzly & good Air cooler youll be fine!

Associate
OP
to be completeltly honest on my 2950X (16 Core) i actaully got better tempertures with noctuca air cooler over AIO and its far quieter no pump noises or air noises.
get some thermal grizzly & good Air cooler youll be fine!

Yeah a friend of mine has a bunch of Grizzly i can steal some of his, I'll take a look into that Air cooler as i kinda want to keep giving them a try since i've had AIO for many many years now

Back
Top Bottom