Spec me some sitting down VR games please?

Soldato
So I've just scored another Rift S which I won't be selling this time and want to get the most out of it I can.

The problem is due to my disability after an injury 2 years ago I can't stand for more than a few moments at a time without my crutches. So what are the best sitting down experiences in vr?

Associate
How is your arm mobility? Phantom Covert Ops is played entirely sat down in a canoe and is a brilliant little game.

Other than that maybe look at the third person platformers like Moss and Fishermans tale as well as all the racing and flight sims!

Soldato
Sure you can sit in a chair, i find lying in bed to be the ultimate laze on Sunday. Pinball FX would be the go to for that, but you're not stuck for choice as practically anything that doesn't involve room scale is easy while chilling back in the horizontal.

Bit of a list of the stuff comes to mind that i play, as you've not mentioned a preference:

Pinball- FX-Zaccaria-VPXVR.
HL Alex.
Borderlands 2.
X-RebirthVR.
Vox Machinae.
Space Pirates Zombies 2.
No Mans Sky.
Everspace.
Gunheart.
Tabletop Simulator.
Operation Warcade.
Final assault.
Brass Tactics.
Poker Stars VR.
Overload.
Grip.
Redout.
Skyworld.
Vector 36.
Battlezone.

I could go on, but you get the drift there are many much more. You could go down the route of VorpX and add 100's more. Anything from X-com, CIV 5, to Darksouls play out great in VR.

Soldato
OP
My upper mobility is all fine, it's just my right leg and the associated pain that causes problems...

Thank you for the suggestions so far guys!

Associate
You can search seated VR games on Steam if you wanted to take a look. But there is lots of rubbish on there so definitely better to get recommendations.

If you're in to racing games then Assetto Corsa is a must, but I imagine you've already seen it as it's been around for a while

Soldato
A large number of VR games can be played seated.
Skyrim VR is great, but modding is essential to get the best out of it.
Alien Isolation if you're brave enough.
Tetris Effect or Polybius for a trippy experience. (gamepad recommended).
Subnautica (gamepad required).
Lone Echo
Aircar (free)

Associate
I've just seen someone asking whether or not contractors can be played seated on another forum. Turns out it has a height setting so you can just sit down and adjust the height and stick to the smooth turn for moving about!

Soldato
Most games can be played sitting down because most of them have a couple of different locomotion methods.

A friend of mine that can't stand for long periods uses a stool that can swivel. Been able to turn around in some VR games is a must. Smooth turning is too slow.

Since most games bought on the Oculus store or through steam can be refunded. I would say try out games that you think you like and if they don't work return them.

Soldato
Elite dangerous, kinda need a HOTAS though and they are like rocking horse excrement right now.

Project cars 2 and dirt rally racing games, (dirt rally 2.0 kills my PC for some reason ive never got that running smoothly but it is ment to be better now i just havent tested lately)

Few others can be played seated but sometimes you will want to move around (curse of games with teleportation):

No mans sky, arizona sunshine, Hotdog horseshoes and hand grenades and HL alyx would be my out of the box choices.

Soldato
OP
I already owned NMS and got bored of it really quickly but have to say it's a totally different animal in VR. Struggling to get the hang of flying though.

Soldato
it's a totally different animal in VR

A lot of it is mate. Stuff like payday 2, the forest, Doom 3, they all play out differently. Holding up akimbo AK's in payday feels badass, chopping trees like a lunatic in the forest, or getting soaked up in the creeped out atmosphere of mars station, non it can be achieved on a mere monitor.

Soldato
I already owned NMS and got bored of it really quickly but have to say it's a totally different animal in VR. Struggling to get the hang of flying though.

Flying sucks, the VR controllers as your sticks are just bad, really wish i could use my HOTAS for that, though the flying is simplistic to say the least.

Soldato
Flying sucks, the VR controllers as your sticks are just bad, really wish i could use my HOTAS for that, though the flying is simplistic to say the least.

I wish it would let you use thumbsticks for flying. The flying virtual stick motion controls are awful.

Associate
New Star Wars Squadron should be good for flying and supports VR.
Don't think anyone has said Euro Truck Simulator, or American Truck Simulator.
If you're not into those sort of games it might sound a bit naff. But it's genuinely enjoyable. Especially if you have a wheel of any kind. I find them very relaxing to play.

Back
Top Bottom