Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Another bilt hamber fan here, once I was able to figure out my PIR. Turned out the markings on my snow foam bottle were wrong and way out!

500ml from a Pyrex measuring jug and verified in a separate jug, was showing as over 600ml in the bottle, so I had to ignore the markings and draw my own on, which is why I was getting my PIR wrong originally.

Associate
bilt hamber or https://waxplanet.co.uk/products/eight-below-snow-foam-concentrate?variant=23411447267386 also very decent! very concentrated too, I've barely used it and had 3 washes. I'd say as good if not better than BH

100% agree bilt hamber have been my go to products for sometime, I have been using eight below for awhile now, also trying some of the other Wax planet products and i can recommend them. Snowfoam wise i have found bilt hamber to be the number 1 and eight below number 2. Bilt hamber edges it by being the better at removing that traffic film that you tend get on your car over the winter. Both are excellent value for money and i will being buying some Bilt Hamber when i use up the last of my Eight Below.

Soldato
Was going to complain about BH Snow Foam needing a lot of liquid to get good "stick" of the foam. Maybe it's meant to be runnier going by that PIR thread?

I prefer BH in winter and other foams in summer.

BH runs down quickly, it is designed to be watery etc but cleaning wise it is very powerful! issue is in hot weather it starts drying out quickly so I prefer something that's a tiny bit more foamy.

Associate
I prefer BH in winter and other foams in summer.

BH runs down quickly, it is designed to be watery etc but cleaning wise it is very powerful! issue is in hot weather it starts drying out quickly so I prefer something that's a tiny bit more foamy.

That’s the conclusion that I have come to recently, BH for the winter and I’ll stick to eight below over the summer months.

Associate
Interesting point that, I guess maybe simply changing the concentration to give a thicker consistency may work in lieu of having two products filling the same use. But with detailing you can never really have too many products can you?

Man of Honour
Had a brief inspection of the paint today under some fancy lights, meant a good clean too.

EKHmEdS.jpg

So impressed with the paint though, it’s such a forgiving colour. Has nothing on it at the moment in terms of protection. Next week it’s getting a 1 stage correction and a ceramic coating (Crystal Serum Ultra with a coat of Exo on top), cannot wait to see the results.

Associate
After some recommendations on a new snow foam cannon. My current one was a cheap amazon cannon, what I bought whilst I was building up supplies and equipment. It’s a done me well for the last two years, would just like to upgrade it and keep it for a back up.

Associate
I have this one and it's served me very well, however the narrow neck and being a little top heavy when empty because of the brass fittings annoys me sometimes.

If I was buying a snow cannon now, I'd probably go for one of the following:

https://www.carboncollective.com/product/ultimate-hd-snow-foam-lance/ - Back in stock soon hopefully
https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/products/in2detailing-fat-boy-foam-lance?variant=32326888521807 - wide neck & base
https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/col...roducts/stjarnagloss-snostorm-snow-foam-lance - Chemical Guys seems to make something almost identical for double or triple the price...
https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/autoglym/polar-blaster.aspx

(Sorry for the shakey, vertical video!)
Very pleased with the water behavior following ceramic coating & Polish Angel PTFE Supersport wheel sealant. Swissvax Pneu is holding up well. 1 week later, 300 miles driven (about 40miles in the rain), washed twice and still giving great water beading and a nice mat finish. I gave 2 coats initially about 30mins apart.

@Steedie looking forward to seeing the shots once you've had your correction detail, the car already looks amazing, such a great colour.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gave the pipes a bit if TLC. Wash then a go with Autosol.

uc

uc

Last edited:
Soldato
Really impressed with Dodo juice born to be mild shampoo - it is the best I've tried so far. Just bought another bottle its that good.

I usually just buy Meguiars as it is easy to get over the counter but the Dodo juice seems even more slick, whilst also being more concentrate so feel like it is better value.

Soldato
Lots of people. The most common, and arguably best options are CarPro PERL, Aerospace 303 and ODK Cabin. Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Treatment is used by a few on here too, though I personally find the durability to he very lacking and find it too slippery.

Just ordered a bottle of CarPro PERL.

Not sure how i'm going to feel of applying product to interior plastics as I'm concerned it will feel greasy/tacky but It can always be put to use on the tyres/exterior trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom